- All student workers must bring I-9 approved identification documents.
- A list of accepted documents is found on the I-9 form in the business office.
- The most common I-9 approved ORIGINAL documents are driver’s license and social security card or passport (This is recommended if you do not have list B or C documents).
- Passport AND social security cards are required for international students to work.
- Bring these documents to the business office and complete tax paperwork and a contract before your employment begins. ** Copies of these documents will NOT be accepted.**
Summer Student Worker – Admissions
The Admissions department will have an opening for two part-time workers.
Answering calls, touring guests, data entry, and filing.
Must have great communication, organizational, and keyboarding skills.
Summer Student Worker – Public Safety
The Summer Student Worker in Public Safety will work 4-12 hours per week
- Fill out a shift log and complete necessary reports.
- Patrol of campus both on foot and in Utility vehicle.
- Lock doors and turn off lights in building.
- Recovery of any lost and found property and complete proper report.
- Reporting of all incidents to the on duty Public Safety Officer or Director and complete reports before leaving.
- Enforcement of parking regulations.
- Monitor Surveillance cameras and report any suspicious activities.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Report any criminal activity to law enforcement.
- Assist motorist such as unlocking cars and jump starting cars etc.
- Report any safety & security related maintenance issues to the Director of Public Safety.
- Make ID’s and receptionist duties.
- Fill in for building monitor when necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Requires physical activities that include walking, running, and lifting
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be enrolled full-time.
Summer Student Worker – Maintenance / Grounds
- Requested tasks around maintenance shop – cleaning, straightening, organizing etc.
- Any work orders that get assigned
- Helping the housekeeping department with housekeeping duties in preparation for camps, special events, or just the regular daily routine.
- Upkeep on campus vehicles – routine washing, cleaning/sweeping out buses, shuttles, and cars used for campus purposes.
- Assisting maintenance, grounds, or housekeeping departments with miscellaneous projects that may come up throughout the year.
- Sweep and clean shop and bays on a daily basis.
- Be available to help any of the maintenance, grounds, or housekeeping staff with jobs on campus
- Checking in with physical plant director or work controller when arriving to work
- Other duties as assigned by the physical plant director.
Keep accurate record of your work hours and submit time sheets for approval on the appropriate day.
Please leave your cell phone and iPod in your room or vehicle when you come to work.