CareerBeam - Employment
Through HLGU's Virtual Career Center, CareerBeam, students and alumni can tap into the hidden market of jobs, community service opportunities, and internships of over 15 million companies and 20 million industries. Students can also use the virtual career center to identify campus and federal work study positions. For more information on creating an account, click here .
- What Can I Do With A Major This site contains a list of both HLGU and non-related majors.
Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study Program provides eligible students many opportunities to gain valuable job experience, good work habits, and interpersonal skills. Students who qualify for Federal Work Study are eligible to apply for part-time campus and approved community positions. Eligibility is determined by the student's information on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
Although job placement is not guaranteed, eligible students may apply for campus positions in areas such as: security, mailroom, student activities, food services, athletics, and library services.
All student workers must complete a student work contract, federal and state withholding forms and form I-9 with the Business Office prior to beginning work on the HLGU campus. The wage rate for all student workers is minimum wage.
- Students must complete Student Worker Contract and applicable tax forms.
Complete the Form I-9, students must have the following:
- Driver license and social security OR
- Driver license and official birth certificate OR
- Timesheets are due in the Business Office by 5 p.m. on the 19th of each month. Timesheets turned in after that time will be not be paid until the following month's payroll.
- Checks will be placed in the student's campus mailbox on the 26th unless the student has an account balance or needs information completed for payroll. In this case, they will need to pick up their check in the Business Office.
With the TG Learning Center users can learn key skills for financial success! Short, interactive, and entertaining modules will teach users how to:
- Build a spending plan
- Solve debt problems
- Set financial goals
- Complete 5 out of 10 modules and HLGU will waive the $25 admission fee. Submit TG Learning Center Transcript with HLGU Application to Admission Office.
To access TG Learning Center, click here.
Contact InformationDr. Richardson
Academic and Career Services