Virtual Career Center
Through CareerBeam, a virtual career center, students and alumni can tap into the hidden market of jobs, community service opportunities, and internships of over 15 million companies and 20 million industries. Students can also use the center to identify on-campus positions.
- Assessments & exercises combining into a Career Profile Report to help students define the best career path.
- Resume and Cover Letter Builders that take the job applicant through the process of creating accomplishment-based materials.
- Reference and Thank You Letter Builders to see the job applicant through to placement.
- Interview preparation materials and videos to effectively present the applicant's skills and assets.
- Research databases to identify target companies, industries and contacts.
- Modules on popular industries; and, job boards with the most recent postings. Also, provides access to breaking news and job alerts.
- Job posting databases containing several jobs from multiple sources including internships, entry-level, professional and executive jobs.
- Social media integration allowing users to leverage contacts in Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. to network and identify potential positions.
- International search, including employers issuing H1-B visas; government information including KSA's and interview tips for federal agencies; and, entrepreneurial content to explore suitability and options.
For Student/Alumni Access:
1. Click on “Virtual Career Center” in HLGU student portal
2. Click on "New User? Register Here"
3. Enter user Information (HLGU student or alumni email address only)
4. Create secure password
5. Check portal email box for activation notice
6. Click on CareerBeam activation link
7. Type “HLGU” in search window for on-campus student jobs
8. Create “Public” resume for employer or campus supervisor viewing
Click here for access or to create user account and post jobs, internships, or community service opportunities.
Federal Work Study Program (FWS) provides eligible students many opportunities to gain valuable job experience, good work habits, and interpersonal skills. Students who qualify for FWS positions are eligible to apply for part-time campus or approved community positions. Although job placement is not guaranteed, there are a variety of FWS jobs available on campus. FWS jobs are posted two weeks prior to school opening. Go to HLGU student portal – Virtual Career Center.
To apply for FWS program, students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information, click here.
Hannibal-LaGrange University does not provide direct job placement services. Students and alumni have online access to available on and off campus employment opportunities through the HLGU student portal. Students obtain initial portal login and password through the Public Safety Office. NOTE: The postings on the student portal should not be considered as endorsements by Hannibal-LaGrange University.
All student workers must complete required employment forms before beginning work. Please complete the following steps:
Go to Business Services Office and pick up “Student Worker Contract” and employment forms. Student workers must present the following documents:
- Driver license and social security - OR -
- Driver license and official birth certificate - OR -
- Turn in timesheets to the Business Services Office by 4 p.m. on the 19th of each month. Timesheets turned in after the 19th are processed the following month.
- Pick up payment. Checks are placed in campus mailboxes or mailed on the 26th. If a student worker has an account balance or is missing payroll information, the check is kept in the Business Services Office.
Users can access TG Learning Center modules to learn how to:
- Build a spending plan
- Increase earnings
- Set financial goals
- Understand credit cards and scores
To create a new user account, click here.
Hannibal-LaGrange University and the Academic and Career Services Office offer links to outside websites as a resource and convenience – not as an endorsement. Users are urged to check the accuracy and validity of all posted or received information. Visitors to the site agree not to hold the site administrators or HLGU liable for any real or imagined damages resulting from use of the site or information contained on the site. Highly personal and confidential information, such as birthdate, social security, driver license, etc., should not be shared with unknown solicitors or contacts.
The University reserves the right to discontinue services without notice.
Contact InformationDr. Richardson
Academic and Career Services