CareerBeam - Virtual Career Center
In Hannibal-LaGrange University's continued commitment to preparing students for both academic and career effectiveness, Hannibal-LaGrange University recently partnered with CareerBeam, a career management firm, to provide students, alumni, and employer access to a virtual career center.
CareerBeam specializes in strategic career exploration, development, planning, and management. Users have access to a powerful virtual career center 24/7.
Just a few of the resources offered through the virtual career center are:
- Assessments & exercises combining into a Career Profile Report to help students define the best career path.
- Resume and Cover Letter Builders that take the job applicant through the process of creating accomplishment-based materials.
- Reference and Thank You Letter Builders to see the job applicant through to placement.
- Interview preparation materials and videos to effectively present the applicant's skills and assets.
- Research databases to identify target companies, industries and contacts.
- Modules on popular industries ; and, job boards with the most recent postings. Also, provides access to breaking news and job alerts.
- Job posting databases containing several jobs from multiple sources including internships, entry-level, professional and executive jobs.
- Social media integration allowing users to leverage contacts in Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. to network and identify potential positions.
- International search , including employers issuing H1-B visas; government information including KSA's and interview tips for federal agencies; and, entrepreneurial content to explore suitability and options.
Student/Alumni Access, registration steps:
- Start Here
- Under the login box, find "New User?"" Click on "Register Here"
- Enter User Information (Email address must be your student or alumni email address.)
- Create secure password
- Check email for activation notice. Once received, click on the activation link.
Through HLGU's Virtual Career Center, CareerBeam, students and alumni can tap into the hidden market of jobs, community service opportunities, and internships of over 15 million companies and 20 million industries. Students can also use the virtual career center to identify campus and federal work study positions.
Create your CareerBeam account for posting on and off campus opportunities.
Contact InformationDr. Richardson
Academic and Career Services