Business Department - Admission Procedure and Forms
Download the Application for Admittance to the business department program.
The following procedures are required of all bachelor degree seeking accounting and business ddministration majors entering Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- After being admitted to Hannibal-LaGrange University, accounting and business administration students should have an academic adviser within the department of business.
- Submit an application to the chair of the business department during the junior year requesting acceptance as an accounting or business administration major. To be eligible to submit an application, you must have:
- Successfully completed at least 12 hours in residence at HLGU before making application;
- Successfully completed at least 60 credit hours which include at least six of the basic major courses–specifically 6 hours of accounting, 6 hours of economics 3 hours of business software applications, and BUS 333 Applied Calculus. (The general business emphasis only does not require Applied Calculus);
- A minimum of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA ) including transfer hours; and
- A minimum of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale cumulative grade point average in all basic major and major courses--including transfer hours. Application deadlines: November 1 and April 1
- After the application form has been submitted, it will be evaluated, and then, upon committee recommendation, the student will be:
- admitted to the business department as either an accounting or a business administration major or
- conditionally admitted with stipulations or
- denied admittance. If admittance is denied, the student may reapply after any deficiencies are resolved.
- The business department requires a grade of "C" or better in all basic major and all major courses.
- Steps 1-3 must be successfully completed before the student will be allowed to enroll in BUS 499 Business Strategy (see catalog description). BUS 499 Business Strategy is a required course for accounting and business administration majors.
- Admittance to this program does not equate with/to successful program or degree completion.
Contact InformationAcademics Office