With one of the largest departments on campus, the business faculty strive to equip students with the concepts and skills that are fundamental for success in today’s business world. We offer our students a myriad of hands-on learning experiences, both in and out of the classroom, and our alumni consistently have high success in finding quality jobs and pursuing post-graduate work.
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in Accounting and Business Administration are available through the Business Department. Business Administration majors can choose an emphasis in Management, Marketing, or Finance.
How We Stand Out
- Personalized Attention – Despite being one of the largest departments, small class sizes allow for ample one-on-one attention from faculty.
- Experienced Faculty – Not only do our faculty all have extensive experience in the business world, they also have over 110 years of combined college-level teaching experience.
- Successful Graduates – Our graduates continue to find high placements in the workforce, and alumni are well prepared to pursue graduate work, if desired.
- Diversity – We have many international students who choose to study business, adding dimension as we prepare students to work in a globally-focused marketplace.
Opportunities for Students
- Internships - While studying at HLG, business students have opportunities for internships. Recent students have interned at MODOT, Hannibal Regional Hospital, and United Way, among others.
- Membership in Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) – Members gather monthly and have regular opportunities for service and social activities. The annual Dead Cow Roast (hosted by business department faculty) is a favorite among students.
Preparing Students for Future Success
- Prepared for graduate work – a challenging and preparatory academic program positions graduates well for continued study.
- High job placement rates – even in a challenging economy, our alumni continue to place high in the working world.
- Accounting (Bachelor of Arts or Science)
- Business Administration - Management Emphasis (Bachelor of Arts or Science)
- Business Administration - General Business Emphasis (Bachelor of Arts or Science)
- Business Administration - Marketing Emphasis (Bachelor of Arts or Science)
- Business Administration - Finance Emphasis (Bachelor of Arts or Science)
Contact InformationAcademics Office