Our Criminal Justice department offers a broad based, multi-disciplinary degree to prepare students for a wide berth of jobs in law enforcement, courts, or corrections. Our experienced faculty deliver an academically challenging, yet practical education in this growing program.
A Bachelor of Science and an Associate of Applied Science are available in the Criminal Justice department.
How We Stand Out
- Experienced Faculty – Having recently worked full-time in the field, our faculty bring significant experience and perspective into the classroom. Their work in both federal and local area law enforcement provides a wide network of resources to help students learn.
- Challenging academics – Our growing program has a high academic standard. An annual Top-Five award is given to honor top Criminal Justice students who excel in academics and leadership.
- Practical learning – Classes offer a wide range of guest speakers and hands-on learning to augment students’ academic experience, covering topics such as crime scene investigation, polygraphs, canine units and more.
- Personally known – The criminal justice faculty know their students by name, and stay connected to assist them as they pursue a degree at HLG.
Preparing Students for Future Success
- Criminal justice graduates have a multitude of opportunities for good paying jobs and career advancement in any aspect of the criminal justice system.
- A criminal justice degree from HLGU prepares students to work in many areas, including:
- Law Enforcement (police officer, detective, agency administrator, crime scene investigator, crime lab technician, civil process server, transportation officer, deputy sheriff, highway patrol, state police, border patrol, FBI, etc.)
- Courts (court bailiff, individual advocates, etc.)
- Corrections (correctional officer, case worker, unit manager, prison supervisor, etc.)
- Graduates are well prepared to pursue master’s or law school degrees.
Contact InformationAcademics Office