The Physical Education Department at Hannibal-LaGrange University teaches the required general education activity courses that promote lifetime fitness, as well as the required courses designed to prepare the student for a professional career in physical education.
The objective of the Physical Education Teacher Education program is to generate physical education teacher candidates with the skills and aptitude necessary for successful certification for K-12 Physical Education.
The department also offers a degree program with a major or minor in Recreation Management, as well as a Coaching minor.
How We Stand Out
- Personalized Attention – Small class sizes allow the PE faculty to develop effective relationships with students in the major.
- Experienced Faculty – The department has 7 faculty members who have a vast array of experience, not only in the classroom, but also in the coaching profession.
- Successful Graduates – Our graduates continue to succeed in the workplace, with many advancing into graduate study.
- Servant Leadership - The Physical Education faculty and many of the students are consistently involved in community service endeavors.
Preparing Students for Future Success
- Professional Certification – Physical Education Teacher Certification has been granted at a high success rate. First time Praxis II test results are well above the national and state average.
- High job placement rates – The Physical Education and Recreation Management alumni have experienced consistent success obtaining professional positions. Many have excelled in the coaching field.
- Prepared for graduate work – Educational advancement of our graduates continues to be reported regularly.
Contact InformationAcademics Office