Because of the continuing curriculum evaluation, revisions in the curriculum and standards will always be possible. Please check with the Division of Nursing Office for the current requirements.
Associate of Science in Nursing 71-73 hours
The BSN student must complete all the support course and major course requirements listed under the ASN curriculum. Many of these requirements may have been met during the RN's previous educational endeavors. To determine the amount of credit granted for previous learning and/or means of validating the learning, make an appointment with the nursing faculty advisor.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing 56 hours
Support Course Requirements: 26 hours
- BIO 440 Pathophysiology
- CAS 101 Intro to Speech Communication
- CHM 104 Foundations of Chemistry
- HST 213 U.S. History I or HST 223 U.S. History II or PLS 113 Intro to Government
- MTH 143 College Algebra
- MTH 127 Elementary Statistics
- PSY 323 Abnormal Psychology
- Humanities Elective (3)
Major Course Requirements: 30 hours
- NUR 301 Healthcare Today
- NUR 303 Health Assessment
- NUR 353 Nursing Theory
- NUR 363 Geriatric Nursing
- NUR 373 Bioethics
- NUR 423 Client Education
- NUR 433 Nursing Research
- NUR 434 Leadership & Management
- NUR 443 Community Health Nursing
- NUR 483 Senior Nursing Capstone
Total Requirements for RN-BSN: 126 semester hours
Academic Standards: A grade of C or better must be earned in all support course requirements and major course requirements (nursing courses) in order to continue in the program
- Seventy (70) hours of junior college credit may be transferred toward an RN-to-BSN degree
- Complete the 26 credit hours of support courses by taking 3 credit hours of electives in humanities or fine arts.
- To assure current nursing knowledge, all RN-BSN course requirements must be completed within five years of acceptance into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses Program
All nursing and support courses are offered in the online format.