Judy Lemons, Ph.D.
Professor of Science Education
Dr. Judy Lemons joined the HLG faculty in 1991, and she loves the opportunity to help students better understand the world God has given them. She has also led the HLG Summer Science Camp for elementary children since 1993.
Lemons' husband and daughter work together as dentists in Palmyra, MO. Her son is a senior minister in Port Washington, WI. Outside of the classroom, Lemons loves to work in her multiple flower gardens, play with her grandchildren, read and walk.
- Ph.D. in Science Education, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1993
- M.Ed in Science Education, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1989
- BA in Education (lifetime certification in Chemistry and General Science 7-12), UMKC, 1973
- Earth Science I
- Earth Science Lab I
- Physical Science for PreK-6 Educators
- Teaching Science in the Elementary
- Teaching Science in the Secondary
- Teaching in the Secondary
Awards and Achievements
- Parkway Distinguished Professor Award, 1994
- Who's Who Among American College and University Students, 1990
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers (five years)
- General Safety Guidelines for Teaching Science, Flinn Fax!, 1998
- Author Missouri Secondary Science Safety Manual, 1997
- Author Missouri Elementary Science Safety Manual, 1996
- Lifetime member, National Science Teachers Association
- Member, former safety editor and College Director, Science Teachers of Missouri
Contact InformationAcademics Office