Anne Riggs, MSN, RN
Director, Division of Nursing & Allied Health
Assistant Professor of Nursing
As director of HLGU's nursing program, Anne Riggs leads a qualified group of faculty in delivering a top-rate nursing education. "I love interacting with the students, knowing that I have an opportunity to play a role in their development into professional nurses," said Riggs. "It is rewarding to see students go from being totally novice to gaining confidence as a graduate nurse."
Riggs has been a nurse for over 25 years and has enjoyed a variety of positions during that time, including working as Director of the Home Health Agency for Hannibal Regional Hospital. She began teaching at HLG in 2004, and assumed the department chair position in 2009.
Riggs' husband also teaches at HLGU as an Instructor of English. They have two children and enjoy spending time participating in their various music and sporting activities.
- MS(N), Nursing Education, University of Missouri, 2009
- BSN, Hannibal-LaGrange University, 1993
- Diploma in Nursing, Blessing Hospital School of Nursing, 1984
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Missouri League for Nursing, Board of Directors, Mark Twain Chair
- American Nurses Association
- Missouri Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing
- Missouri Organization for Associate Degree Nursing
- Nursing Seminar
Awards and Achievements
- Who's Who Among American College and University Students
Contact InformationAcademics Office