Larinee Dennis, Ph.D.
Chair, Division of Education;
Director of Teacher Education;
Associate Professor of Education
Larinee Dennis began teaching at HLGU in the fall of 2008. "I love teaching at HLGU because I get the chance to give back to this institution, just as it gave to me when I was a student here," said Dennis. "My time at HLGU was made great by my friends, the activities and the wonderful instructors I had."
Larinee is married to her college sweetheart, Chris, whom she met while serving together in The New Edition (HLGU's theatre ministry team). Together they have two children, Jachin and Jada. Both Larinee and her husband are active members of Calvary Baptist Church in Hannibal. She enjoys working with the children's ministry at Calvary and singing in the choir and worship band.
- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, New Mexico State University, 2013
- Master's in Learning and Instruction, University of Missouri-Columbia, 2003
- Bachelor's in Elementary Education, Hannibal-LaGrange College, 2002
- Freshman Seminar
- Literacy for Diverse Learners
- Master's Course: Differentiated Instruction
- Master's Course: Literacy for Diverse Learners
Memberships and Certifications
- NBPTS (National Board for Professional Teaching Standards) Certification
- International Literacy Association
- Professors of Literacy and Teacher Education
- Missouri Teaching Certification in Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School Math, Middle School Science, Middle School Communication Arts and Middle School Social Studies
Contact InformationAcademics Office