Christy L. Jung
Instructor of Speech and Communications
Christy Jung, professor of speech communications, joined the HLG faculty in 2009 and loves the small student-to-teacher ratio in her classes. "Students are not just a number at HLG," said Jung. "They are people with extraordinary talents, passions and skills."
Prior to teaching at HLG, Jung worked for several years in news and public relations. She was a news anchor and reporter for KTVO (ABC) in Kirksville, MO and morning anchor for KMIZ (ABC) in Columbia, MO. She also worked in public relations for the University of Missouri Cooperative Video Group where she reported on agriculture and life sciences research. In addition, Jung spent five years teaching as an adjunct faculty at Moberly Area Community College, Hickey College, Jefferson College and East Central College.
Christy is married to Eric who works as a firefighter/paramedic. They have a son named Jackson and a Basset Hound named Kasey.
- Masters in Media Communication, Webster University, 2007
- Certificate in Video Production, Broadcast Center, 1998
- B.S. in Speech Communications, Hannibal-LaGrange College, 1997
- B.S. in Communication Arts, Hannibal-LaGrange College, 1997
Awards and Achievements
- Associated Press Award, Spot News, KTVO News, 1999
- Intro to Speech Communication
- Mass Communication
- Broadcast Project
- Media Literacy
- Advanced Public Speaking
- Broadcast Journalism
Contact InformationAcademics Office