Scholarships & Aid
- Baker, Francis & Claudie Scholarship: This fund was created to assist a ministerial student during his sophomore year.
- Birkhead, Shirley Memorial Education Scholarship: This scholarship provides financial assistance to a returning junior or senior who is majoring in elementary education. The recipient must be a person of high moral character.
- Bleigh Family Endowed Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a student who is in good standing with the University, who maintains a 3.0 GPA with preference given to Bleigh Construction, Bleigh Ready Mix and Bleigh Farms employees or their children.
- Blohm, J. CRV Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a worthy returning student preparing for a church-related vocation.
- Brown, Ruby Ensor Scholarship fund: The two (2) recipients of this award shall be studying in the area of education and evidence of financial need shall be the determining factor in the selection of the recipients.
- Byler Memorial Scholarship: The recipient must be a high school senior graduating from Barry, IL Community High School, a high school senior graduating from any other high school in Pike County, IL, or a rising sophomore at HLGU who graduated from the Barry or other Pike County High School.
- Calvary Baptist Church, Anderson Endowed Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a full-time student is who is a member of Calvary Baptist Church in Hannibal, MO, is majoring in Christian Studies, and demonstrates financial need. The recipient must carry a 2.5 minimum GPA and demonstrate Christian leadership in and out of the classroom.
- Carroll, Kenneth and Rheyma Endowed Education Award Scholarship: This scholarship is to provide assistance to two (2) junior or senior students majoring in education who have at least a 2.5 GPA, are enrolled in at least 12 hours per semester, and have shown Christian and academic commitment.
- Carter, Frank and Mary Math Education Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the highest ranking mathematics education major at HLGU who meets the following qualifications: must have completed his/her junior year and be planning to return to HLGU as a senior; must be in good standing with the school; must carry a full course load as defined by the catalog; and maintain a C average or better in all courses.
- Connor Student Grant Fund: Grants from this fund are distributed to students currently enrolled full-time at HLGU (freshmen are not eligible). Selection is made on the basis of Christian commitment, previous achievements, acknowledged need, and strong character.
- Daniels, John L. Education Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a student who is majoring in education and in need financially. Selection is based on Christian commitment and financial need. Scholarship award recipients must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA and carry a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- DeHart, Clarence O. & Lois F. Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded by the Financial Aid Committee.
- Dunsing Ministerial Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a junior or senior student at HLGU who is preparing to enter the gospel ministry. The recipient shall be selected on the basis of Christian commitment as determined by the Christian Studies faculty, and financial need as determined by the financial aid office.
- Fite, Dr. J.W. Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to full-time high financial need students.
- Foreman Memorial Nursing Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a nursing student who has completed at least one semester at HLGU (for those who have completed more than one semester, a minimum CGPA of 2.5 is required in the preceding semester) and demonstrated dedication to the profession of nursing. The recipient must also reside and intend to practice either in Marion or Ralls County, MO or within a 40-mile radius of Hannibal, and be a good citizen of both school and community.
- Fox, Nellie M. Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a needy student who plans to attend and has been accepted at HLGU.
- Fullington Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a student who is a junior or senior majoring in Media Communication with plans to use his/her degree in a Christian-related vocation. The recipient, who is selected by the Director of the Media Communication Department, must have a CGPA of 3.0 or higher, as well as meet other criteria.
- Glendinning, J. W. Scholarship: This scholarship was established to provide assistance to a high school student who is a graduating senior at the time of the initial application: a resident of Bethel Baptist Association (membership in a Baptist church is not required); a person of good moral character; has maintained a good academic record (but not in top 10%); and has shown reasonable financial aid need.
- Groves, Florence Endowed Scholarship: The financial aid office shall recommend at least two (2) students to Lois and/or Brian Boyle who will select the recipient based on the following requirements: entering freshman with a high school CGPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or higher, full-time residential business or education major at HLGU, exhibits financial need, demonstrates character and personality, and shows academic promise.
- Groves-Shockey Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a student who demonstrates financial need.
- Harbison, Lillian V. Scholarship: this scholarship is awarded to a student who demonstrates financial need.
- Hayden, Gabriel Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a student who exhibits good moral character, spiritual commitment, good citizenship in his or her community, an attitude of service and evidence of financial need.
- HLGU Endowed Nursing Scholarship: Recipient will be chosen by the donor based on the following criteria: full-time nursing student with a second-year status, must be in good standing with the University, and must carry at least a CGPA of 2.0. Financial need shall be a determining factor in the selection of the recipient.
- Huffman, John T. Endowed Scholarship: This scholarship is to provide financial assistance to full-time students demonstrating financial need, character, academic promise, and community service.
- Jackson, Phillip T. Scholarship: This scholarship is to assist a deserving HLGU student to obtain a good education.
- Kenoyer, Bessie Endowed Scholarship: This scholarship is to be awarded each year to a student of superior academic ability and merit.
- Kizer, Elizabeth A. Education Scholarship: This scholarship provides financial assistance to students majoring in education who demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities in the education field.
- Logan, Cecil E. Memorial Scholarship: This is awarded to a first-year student who is receiving a 30% or less academic scholarship and who is ineligible to receive any in-house scholarship at HLGU.
- McLeod, Helen Scholarship: Given to a student planning to pursue a church related vocation.
- Martin, Gerald E. Scholarship Fund: This scholarship provides assistance to students who are pursuing the ministry field.
- Martinson, Dellafaye Nursing Scholarship: This is awarded to an associate-degree nursing student who is completing the first year of nursing classes. Selection is made by the nursing faculty on the basis of the following criteria: a minimum CGPA of 3.0, exemplary clinical performance, and cooperative spirit.
- Mayfield, Dr. Alpha Music Scholarship: this is awarded to a talented and needy junior student majoring in music education or church music. The recipient is selected by the music staff.
- Minor Memorial Scholarship: This provides assistance to a student at HLGU who has academic potential and shows evidence of financial need. Recipients shall be selected by the office of admissions in conjunction with the financial aid office after application is made by the student through the financial aid office.
- Nichols Family Scholarship: This scholarship is to provide assistance to a needy student who plans to attend, and has been accepted by HLGU, providing that the student has achieved a high school or college GPA of 2.0 or higher and is a good citizen of his/her school and respective community. Evidence of financial need and absence of other significant aid shall be the determining factor.
- Petrov, Martha G. Endowed Scholarship: This scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students in need. Recipients must be entering their freshman year at HLGU with a 2.5 or greater high school GPA. Selection is on the basis of financial need, character, and academic promise. This award is not subject to renewal.
- Porter Award: This award is for a graduating student in the area of the gospel ministry. This award is to be based on need, spiritual commitment, and scholastic ability. The recipient of the award is selected by the Bible department and the President of HLGU with the understanding that the recipient is to continue his/her education at a Baptist oriented college, university or seminary.
- Poynter, Leon Memorial Scholarship: Selection shall be based on financial need and potential for academic achievement. In order to maintain the scholarship, which may be awarded for up to four (4) consecutive years, a grade point average of 2.5 must be maintained. The scholarship will be awarded on a yearly basis with payment of half (1/2) of the yearly amount each semester.
- Prince, Dr. A. E. Endowed Memorial Scholarship: The recipients of this scholarship must be full-time ministerial students at HLGU. A minimum of 3.0 is required to continue receiving the scholarship. Married students shall be given consideration.
- Ridgely, Marvin & Louise Scholarship: Selection shall be based upon financial need and potential for academic achievement. In order to maintain the scholarship, which may be awarded up to four (4) consecutive years, a GPA of at least 2.5 must be maintained. The scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis with payment of half (1/2) of the yearly amount applied to the student’s account each semester.
- Riley, Carole Jo Endowed Scholarship: The recipient must be a full-time music student at HLGU. The student must be in good standing, carry at least a 3.0 GPA and be a sophomore, junior or senior. The scholarship will be awarded to a student who demonstrates Christian leadership in and out of the classroom with preference given to a piano major.
- Rothweiler Scholarship: These funds shall be used for students who are ministerial students (including students preparing to become minister, directors of religious education or directors of church music) and students who are preparing to become public school teachers.
- Safford, Carl A. Scholarship Fund: These funds will be awarded to deserving first year students requiring financial assistance who have also demonstrated academic achievement and/or leadership ability in high school.
- Shelton, Brian L. Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a junior carrying a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester while maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.5. The recipient must be a Christian whose life bears witness to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; have experienced a divine call to the gospel ministry; exemplifies the highest ideals of Christian commitment and service; be a member of a Southern Baptist Church; and serve that church in some capacity.
- Smelser, Harold and Hazel Memorial Fund: This scholarship is awarded to a needy student.
- Smith, Lester F. Award: This scholarship is provided to a returning junior or senior who is majoring in business and interested in finance and banking; has achieved a CGPA of 3.0 or above at HLGU and must maintain this GPA to receive this scholarship the following semester; who exemplifies the principles of ethical business/social practices; and shows evidence of financial need.
- Taylor Glory Be To God Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who work in the Hannibal-LaGrange University main campus library. Recipients shall be in good standing with the University; demonstrate good moral character; be full-time students who live on campus; carry at least a 2.5 GPA, and be a returning sophomore, junior or senior.
- Tucker, Ross & Eunice Scholarship: this scholarship is awarded to a female student who has committed her life to mission service or to a ministerial student who best exemplifies the spirit and teaching of Jesus Christ. This scholarship is awarded every fourth year to a junior majoring in church music. Preference will be given to a qualified person who is a member of a church in the Pleasant Grove Association.
- Wells, Brian Matthew Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a student who is a graduate of a Marion or Ralls County, MO high school; demonstrates service to church, community, or school; and displays evidence of financial need.
- Wilhoit, Zelma Scholarship: Funds will assist a female business major.
- Wiseman, J. D. Memorial Scholarship: This is awarded to a worthy student of high moral standing who demonstrates a desire to complete his/her education.
Contact InformationOffice of Financial Aid
Business HoursMonday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm