Scholarships & Aid
- Birkhead, Shirley Memorial Education Scholarship: This scholarship provides financial assistance to a returning junior or senior who is majoring in elementary education. The recipient must be a person of high moral character.
- Connor Student Grant Fund: Grants from this fund are distributed to students currently enrolled full-time at HLGU (freshmen are not eligible). Selection is made on the basis of Christian commitment, previous achievements, acknowledged need, and strong character.
- DeHart, Clarence O. & Lois F. Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded by the Financial Aid Committee.
- Fite, Dr. J.W. Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to full-time high financial need students.
- Fletcher, Jack and Pat Endowment: The recipient(s) of this scholarship must be a full-time student with Christian faith who demonstrates academic achievement, good citizenship and intends to enter into full time Christian service. Preference will be given to those with financial need.
- Foreman Memorial Nursing Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a nursing student who has completed at least one semester at HLGU (for those who have completed more than one semester, a minimum CGPA of 2.5 is required in the preceding semester) and demonstrated dedication to the profession of nursing. The recipient must also reside and intend to practice either in Marion or Ralls County, MO or within a 40-mile radius of Hannibal, and be a good citizen of both school and community.
- Harbison, Lillian V. Scholarship: this scholarship is awarded to a student who demonstrates financial need.
- Hayden, Gabriel Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a student who exhibits good moral character, spiritual commitment, good citizenship in his or her community, an attitude of service and evidence of financial need.
- Hustead, Ralph and Anna Scholarship Fund: This scholarship is awarded to a second-year student studying for Youth or Gospel ministry who is from Missouri or is an international student.
- Jackson, Phillip T. Scholarship: This scholarship is to assist a deserving HLGU student to obtain a good education.
- Lewis, Betty Jo Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship provides assistance to a full-time student majoring in music who maintains at least a 2.5 GPA and demonstrates Christian commitment and financial need.
- McClenning Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need with preference to recipients who are or were residents of the Missouri Baptist Home for Children at Overland Branch, Missouri.
- Martin, Gerald E. Scholarship Fund: This scholarship provides assistance to students who are pursuing the ministry field.
- Minor Memorial Scholarship: This provides assistance to a student at HLGU who has academic potential and shows evidence of financial need. Recipients shall be selected by the office of admissions in conjunction with the financial aid office after application is made by the student through the financial aid office.
- Poynter, Leon Memorial Scholarship: Selection shall be based on financial need and potential for academic achievement. In order to maintain the scholarship, which may be awarded for up to four (4) consecutive years, a grade point average of 2.5 must be maintained. The scholarship will be awarded on a yearly basis with payment of half (1/2) of the yearly amount each semester.
- Rothweiler Scholarship: These funds shall be used for students who are ministerial students (including students preparing to become minister, directors of religious education or directors of church music) and students who are preparing to become public school teachers.
- Smelser, Harold and Hazel Memorial Fund: This scholarship is awarded to a needy student.
- Wells, Brian Matthew Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a student who is a graduate of a Marion or Ralls County, MO high school; demonstrates service to church, community, or school; and displays evidence of financial need.
Contact InformationOffice of Financial Aid
Business HoursMonday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm