Full-time students who qualify may add up to two of the following scholarships to the Academic/Achievement scholarships. Performance and Athletic scholarships are awarded and renewed by audition and a 2.0 CGPA at the end of an academic year.
HLGU Student Ambassador $2,000 Scholarship
The HLGU Student Ambassador $2,000 scholarship is available to returning Hannibal-LaGrange University students. Applications are taken between each spring between February 15 and March 15. To qualify for the scholarship the student must have/maintain a CGPA of 2.75 or higher, and be a returning, full-time HLGU student. Students chosen to be HLGU Student Ambassadors are required to attend a leadership training that will be provided by the admissions office. Twelve HLGU Student Ambassador scholarships will be given out each year.
Student Ambassadors will represent HLGU during the school year at various on and off campus events. Ambassadors will serve at a variety of events including banquets, commencement, community activities, and Campus Visit Days. Each Ambassador will also give individual campus tours and attend at least two off campus receptions or conventions each year.
Please note: Applications will be taken between February 15 and March 15.
Athletic scholarships are awarded by the athletic department by tryout and are renewable by performance and a 2.0 CGPA at the end of an academic year. Amounts vary.
|Men's Sports||Women's Sports||Club Coed Sports|
- Southern Baptist/Church Matching: $500 annually (must be a member of a Southern Baptist church)
- Christian Ministries Vocation (CMV): $2,500 annually (awarded by the Christian Studies Division)
- Minister’s/Missionary’s Dependent: $630 annually
HLGU Southern Baptist Heritage 50% Tuition Scholarship
The HLGU Southern Baptist Heritage 50% Tuition Scholarship is available to current high school and homeschool seniors, as well as transfer students who are new to the HLGU campus. To be eligible the student must:
- Be an active member of a Southern Baptist church (church recommendation required)
- Meet all admissions guidelines
- Be a residential student at HLGU
- Be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student
- Pay tuition and housing deposits
The HLGU Southern Baptist Heritage Scholarship is renewable for 8 consecutive semesters, requires a 2.5 GPA for renewal, cannot be combined with additional HLGU scholarships and is available to Fall and Spring semester students only.
To apply for the scholarship please submit:
- Southern Baptist Heritage 50% Tuition Scholarship Student Application
- Southern Baptist Heritage 50% Tuition Scholarship Church Recommendation Form
Performance scholarships are awarded and renewable by audition and a 2.0 CGPA at the end of an academic year. Amounts vary by program.
- Media Communication: Awarded by department
- Theatre Arts: Awarded by department
- New Edition: Awarded by New Edition director
- Visual Arts: Awarded by department (portfolio required)
- Music: Awarded by department
- Concert Choir: Awarded by department
- Chamber Choir: Awarded by department
- Concert Band: Awarded by department
- Praise Song: Awarded by Praise Song director
Contact InformationOffice of Financial Aid
Business HoursMonday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm