Welcome to Hannibal-LaGrange University!
Thank you for considering continuing your education at Hannibal-LaGrange University. As an international student, we realize that you will face many unique challenges when studying in the U.S. It is my job to help you have the best experience possible – from a smooth admissions process all the way through the moment when you are able to call yourself a graduate of Hannibal-LaGrange University!
If you have any questions about the University, the admissions process, life in Hannibal, or anything else, please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing you on campus in the near future.
Director of International Students
SEVIS Designated School Official (DSO)
About HLGU and Our International Student Program
Hannibal-LaGrange University is a liberal arts college housed in an environment of Christian influence. The 110-acre campus is located on the northern edge of Hannibal, Missouri, and is home to approximately 1,200 students. Over 95 of our students come from 26 different countries including: Australia, Bahamas, Brazil, Chile, China, Congo, Dominican Republic, England, France, Ghana, Greece, Honduras, Indonesia, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Philippines, Serbia, South Korea, Spain, Tahiti, Turkey, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
With students traveling from around the world to study with us here at HLGU, we are ready and willing to help you gather all the necessary materials required for admission to the University as well as entrance to the United States on an F-1 student visa. For both of these to occur the following documents are required:
- Get a Free Quote from Student Secure
- HCCMIS Information Packet 2014
- Student Secure FAQ
- Student Secure Select Brochure
- Student Secure Travel Assistance Services
- Student Secure Select Certificate
- View the International Student Guide
- Trips to the Airport
- US Department of Homeland Security - General Visa Information
Checklist for International Student Admission
Forms from Student
- Official High School Transcript (if you plan to try out for an athletic team, make sure you include an official letter stating that you are in the top 50% of your class)
- Translation of High School Transcript
- Official University Transcript (if you have attended a university before)
- Translation of University Transcripts
- Official ACT/SAT score
- Official TOEFL score
- 2 letters of recommendation
Fees / Finance
ESL (English as a Second Language)
Hannibal-LaGrange University offers ESL courses for those students that score between 30 and 68 on the TOEFL iBT. Please contact us for more information.
Hannibal-LaGrange University provides scholarships for qualifying international students. Please contact us to find out more information.
2 of these 3 items are required for you to be eligible to participate in NAIA athletics at Hannibal-LaGrange University:
- Original letter stating your class rank and graduation date ( you must be in the top half of your class, above 50% overall) Click to view sample letter
- Original ACT/SAT score (minimum ACT = 18; minimum SAT = 870 without the writing section)
- Original transcript showing a cumulative grade point average at or above 2.00 on the 4.00 scale used in the United Sates. This may require you to have your transcript translated and/ or evaluated by a professional organization. We can help you through this process, but your original transcripts must be submitted early to avoid missing part of your athletic season.
For more information regarding eligibility, please visit the following resources:
- Official NAIA Eligibility Website
- NAIA Eligibility - International Student Frequently Asked Questions
- Official HLGU Athletic Website
Submitting Your Application
Mail all original documents (as listed above) to:
Director of International Students
2800 Palmyra Rd
Hannibal, Missouri 63401
You may also e-mail scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite process. Please email documents in PDF or JPEG file formats. Official admission will not be approved until original documents have been received.