About HLGU and Our International Student Program
Hannibal-LaGrange University is a liberal arts college housed in an environment of Christian influence. The 110-acre campus is located on the northern edge of Hannibal, Missouri, and is home to approximately 1,200 students. Over 95 of our students come from 28 different countries including Australia, Bahamas, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, England, France, French Polynesia, Ghana, Greece, Honduras, Japan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Philippines, Romania, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam.
With students traveling from around the world to study with us here at HLG, we are ready and willing to help you gather all the necessary materials required for admission to the college as well as entrance to the United States on an F-1 student visa. For both of these to occur the following documents are required:
Checklist for International Student Admission
Forms from Student
- Official High School Transcript (if you plan to try out for an athletic team, make sure you include an official letter stating that you are in the top 50% of your class)
- Translation of High School Transcript
- Official University Transcript (if you have attended a university before)
- Translation of University Transcripts
- Official ACT/SAT score
- Official TOEFL score
- 2 letters of recommendation
Fees / Finance
ESL (English as a Second Language)
Hannibal-LaGrange University offers ESL courses for those students that score below 520 Toefl (paper based). Please contact us for more information.
English as Second Language Director, SEVIS DSO
Hannibal-LaGrange University provides scholarships for qualifying international students. Please contact us to find out more information.
2 of these 3 items are required for you to be eligible to participate in NAIA athletics at Hannibal-LaGrange University:
- Original letter stating your class rank ( you must be in the top half of your class, above 50% overall)
- Original ACT/SAT score (minimum ACT = 18; minimum SAT = 870 without the writing section)
- Original transcript showing a cumulative grade point average at or above 2.00 on the 4.00 scale used in the United Sates. This may require you to have your transcript translated and/ or evaluated by a professional organization. We can help you through this process, but your original transcripts must be submitted early to avoid missing part of your athletic season.
For more information regarding eligibility, please visit the following resources:
- Official NAIA Eligibility Website
- NAIA Eligibility - International Student Frequently Asked Questions
- Official HLGU Athletic Website
Submitting Your Application
Mail all original documents (as listed above) to:
DSO, SEVIS Designated School Official
2800 Palmyra Rd
Hannibal, Missouri 63401
You may also e-mail scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite process. Official admission will not be approved until original documents have been received.