The HLGU Campus Security Office is located on the first floor of the L.A. Foster Student Center.
- View the 2012 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report .
- View the 2011 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report .
- View the 2010 Annual Safety and Security Report .
Important Numbers to Know:
- HLGU Security Phone: 573-248-6268
- Men’s On Call Phone: 573-231-8036
- Women’s On Call Phone: 573-231-8037
- Police, Fire, Ambulance: 911
- Poison Control Center: 1-800-222-1222
Security is on duty to make you feel safe and secure in your college experience. Here are some common sense ways that you can help security keep you safe:
- Do not walk alone at night, especially in poorly lighted areas.
- Walk with determination and purpose to your destination.
- Have your key in your hand and ready to unlock the door of your house, apartment, or dormitory at night.
- Always lock your car and resident doors when you leave.
- Heed your instincts and do not take unnecessary risks
- Do not leave your personal property unattended in public areas.
HLGU Security Responsibilities:
- Vehicle and bike registration
- Enforcement of parking and traffic rules
- Patrolling grounds and buildings
- Student Escort Service
- Responding to emergencies
- Investigating suspicious activities
- Provide students with entrance into dorms after hours
- Ticket appeals
Contact InformationAlbert Higdon
Director of Public Safety