The Hannibal-LaGrange University campus and the city of Hannibal, MO share many things in common including low crime rates. Members of the HLGU Public Safety Department are dedicated to providing the HLGU community with a safe and pleasant environment for learning and spiritual growth.
The mission of the Hannibal-LaGrange University Department of Public Safety is to support the advancement of the educational purposes of the University by providing a safe and secure environment for living, learning, working, and personal development.
Located on the first floor of the L.A. Foster Student Center, the HLGU Department of Public Safety is in the heart of student life on campus. This is where students will go to get their parking permit, student IDs, and possibly locate an item in the lost and found.
Public Safety Responsibilities
- Vehicle registration
- Enforcement of parking and traffic rules
- Patrolling grounds and buildings
- Student escort service
- Responding to emergencies
- Investigating suspicious activities
- Ticket appeals
Public Safety Informational Brochures
- HLGU Public Safety
- Active Shooter
- Sexual Assault
- Suicide Prevention
- ACT with RESPECT and CARE for HEALTH (ARCH program)
In accordance to federal legislation, HLGU provides open access to its Annual Fire and Safety Reports.
- 2014 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2013 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2012 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2011 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2010 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2009 Annual Safety and Security Report