Governor Parson Holds Roundtable at HLGU

Hannibal-LaGrange University had the pleasure of hosting Missouri Governor Parson on campus today for a roundtable discussion with local educators about how COVID-19 has affected their schools and the steps being taken to lower the transmission risk when classes resume in two weeks.

“My role as governor is trying to find out everything I can do to help and support education as the school year starts,” he stated.

Policies and approaches were discussed that will help to aid both effective learning and safety for all stakeholders.

Governor Parson expressed that he was glad to sit down with area administrators because schools’ needs vary from county to county across the state.

Dr. Larinee Dennis, HLGU Vice President for Academic Administration, stated, “It was a pleasure to gather both Hannibal Public Schools and HLGU personnel to hear from and speak with Governor Parson. I was encouraged to hear how our state and community are working to reopen schools, but to do so in a safe way. I appreciate Governor Parson allowing local authorities to make decisions about reopening.”

by Rebecca Sneed ’12
Share this article on your social media accounts!