The director of marketing will be the strategic marketing leader for Hannibal-LaGrange University. The successful candidate will have a passion for offering an excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctly Christian environment that integrates faith and learning.
Key Outcomes for this Position
- Comprehensive traditional and digital marketing strategies
- A high-functioning marketing team that can effectively interface with campus stakeholders with a priority on external constituencies
- Successful execution of marketing strategies
- An effective website that drives enrollment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of marketing and creative professionals who develop and execute marketing and communication plans in collaboration with key stakeholders at HLGU and across multiple divisions.
- Serve as the public relations leader for the organization including consultation on crisis management.
- An understanding of web development or project management for web and the ability to collaborate with web developers.
- Working knowledge of email testing/sending platforms and the building of email automation.
- Lead the development and management of photography and video marketing campaigns.
- Plan and help execute all web, social media, SEO/SEM, marketing database, and display advertising campaigns.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Manage the agency and vendor partners that work on HLGU’s platforms.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Manage multi-channel content distribution, including website, social media, blogs, email, printed collateral, and the University magazine.
- Gather stories from HLGU faculty, staff, students, and alumni to disseminate to University content channels.
- Generate visibility for the college focused on established core brand attributes.
- Provide leadership and supervision to strengthen the marketing team and their operations and have responsibility for development and management of an annual operating budget.
Education, Experience, and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years in a marketing leadership role at either a non-profit or for-profit organization.
- Experience managing and growing digital marketing.
- Track record of using insights and analytics to improve performance.
- Proven ability to build consensus and drive integration through the marketing department and with the entire college.
- Experience creating and executing comprehensive marketing and communication plans across multiple departments/divisions.
- Ability to effectively manage teams by delegating work, providing coaching/mentoring and guiding others to achieve desired results.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- An aptitude for utilizing a team approach to accomplish goals and objectives in an environment of divergent views and opinions.
- Can express a mature Christian testimony and communicate and support the merits of a Christian education.
HLGU’s mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribes that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact human resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.