Classification: Faculty / Part-time
Description: The adjunct clinical faculty – ASN is responsible to the ASN program coordinator and the director of the Craigmiles School of Nursing. The position is part-time and does not offer benefits, as specified in the handbook. The part-time adjunct instructor in the HLGU-PN Program will assume a teaching assignment in the clinical setting.
Education, Experience, and Training
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Current Missouri RN licensure (and Illinois if necessary)
- Current unencumbered Missouri RN licensure (and Illinois if necessary) is required
- Two to five years of clinical experience desired
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent the biblical worldview, mission, vision, and core values of HLGU by one’s statements, teaching, and deportment
- Respectful of the history, heritage, and values of HLGU
- Represent HLGU well, both on and off campus
- Follow all HLGU institutional and instructional policies and procedures
- Clinical supervision of students in Nursing Courses
- Keep assigned students in their clinical settings
- Conduct pre and post-clinical conferences
- Evaluate students – prepare anecdotal notes, written evaluations and conduct evaluation sessions with students
- Attend nursing faculty meetings as scheduled
Nursing Faculty Members must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Fine hand/eye coordination, oral communication, and written communication
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing/pulling, and climbing
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, exposure to hazardous chemicals, concentration on detail, and exposure to extreme heat, cold, and temp fluctuations
- Carry/Lift 1-50lbs*
*Hannibal-LaGrange University does not require nor does it expect that an employee lift over 50lbs unassisted. Objects in excess of 50lbs should be lifted or moved with mechanical means or a team lift.
Ideal Candidate: Hannibal-LaGrange University is proud to be affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention and faculty must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist Tradition.
Appointment: Review of applications will begin immediately and will conclude when position is filled.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact Human Resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.