The administrative assistant is responsible to the Moorman Professor of Business Administration. The primary role of this position is to assist the Moorman professor in communicating the value of a free-market society, entrepreneurship, and strong personal character to University constituents and community stakeholders.
Additionally, the administrative assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the business department, event planning, and budget management. This position is part time and does not offer benefits; some flexibility will be required for special events which may occur after 5:00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating and implementing special events, such as speakers, seminars, etc.
- Compile and maintain course and grant assessment metrics
- Create and maintain Moorman professor schedule
- Administer and compile event impact surveys
- Perform general office duties
- Maintain filing system
- Greet and deal effectively with a wide variety of people
- Answer telephones and direct inquiries
- Type correspondence/documents/materials
- Photocopy materials as requested
- Maintain supplies
- Requisition and order stationery, office supplies, and teaching materials
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Support Division faculty and students
- Generate office schedules and submit to VPAA and print for doors
- Compile/post advising schedules
- Communicate events and opportunities to business majors via email
- Write letters to prospective students
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Pleasant professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to and abide by the standards of employment in the application and in the employee handbook
Education, Experience, and Training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
HLGU’s mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribes that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact human resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.