The admissions representative is responsible to the director of admissions. The position is full time and offers benefits as specified in the employee handbook. The admissions representative represents the University in the recruitment and attraction of students to enrollment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Hannibal-LaGrange University in recruitment events which include, but are not limited to, high school visitations, college fairs, conventions, and church programs.
- Counsel prospective students in the areas of admissions procedures and policies, financial aid procedures, academic programs, and career opportunities.
- Promote marketing strategies that will enhance enrollment opportunities.
- Establish a good rapport with high school counselors, pastoral staffs, and influencers of other institutions and community agencies.
- Maintain an extensive follow-up program for applicants and prospective students including telecounseling, electronic mail, and direct mail.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of events sponsored by the enrollment management department.
- Assist in the activities assigned by the director of admissions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess the ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to perform basic computer transactions and data entry.
- Must show initiative, be able to work independently, and exhibit good judgment.
- Must present Hannibal-LaGrange University in a positive manner.
- Must present a professional appearance.
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to, sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment in the employee handbook.
Education, Experience, and Training
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Preference will be given to Hannibal-LaGrange University graduates.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
HLGU’s mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribes that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact human resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.