Position Title: Adult Degree Completion Adjunct Faculty Member: Business Management, Christian Ministry, and Criminal Justice
Position Summary: The adult degree completion adjunct faculty member should have earned graduate degrees in the cognate field. The position is accountable to the director of the adult degree completion program. The position is part-time and does not offer benefits, as specified in the employee and faculty handbooks. The successful candidate will have responsibility for teaching broadly across the related field of study.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the biblical worldview, mission, vision, and core values of HLGU by one’s statements, teaching, and deportment
- Respectful of the history, heritage, and values of HLGU
- Represent HLGU well, both on and off campus
- Prepare and teach courses
- Grade and return exams and homework in a timely fashion
- Stay current in teaching field, textbooks, and instructional resources
- Assist in evaluating, planning, and revising curriculum in response to changing cultural and vocational needs
- Start each class on time and fill the scheduled time with appropriate content and procedures
- Seek adult degree completion office approval before changing class dates or for any class cancellations
- Report all missed or cancelled class times or office hours to the director of the adult degree completion program and the site coordinator
- Implement and manage procedures to insure records and student information is properly handled
- Track student attendance on the campus software system
- Submit grades on the campus software system by deadlines set in the registrar’s Office
- Communicate through the official campus email system which is encrypted to meet federal guidelines for student privacy rights (FERPA)
- Follow all HLGU institutional and instructional policies and procedures
- Sign and return all contracts, addendum overload contracts, etc., by the deadline
- Submit final grades, etc. on time
- Track relevant student data for Student Learning Improvement Assessment
- Seek the director’s approval before engaging guest speakers or planning field trips
- Contact the director of the adult degree completion program concerning student issues that may lead to disciplinary action
- Contact the academic administration office concerning academic dishonesty
- Follow all other institutional and instructional policies and procedures as established and as will be, from time to time, developed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of word processing, email programs, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to learn to use aspects of HLGU’s current learning management system (LMS) and the faculty portal.
- No heavy lifting or unusual physicals needs are contemplated for this job.
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Sign and abide by standards of employment on the application and in the employee handbook.
Education, Experience, and Training
- A PhD or other academic-level doctoral degree in the academic content area is preferred. A master’s degree in the academic content area is required.
- Professional experience in the teaching field is required.
Ideal Candidate: Hannibal-LaGrange University is proud to be affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention and faculty must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist Tradition.
Appointment: Review of applications will begin immediately and will conclude when position is filled.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact human resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.