Hannibal-LaGrange University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Hannibal-LaGrange is conducting a self-study of its programs and processes and will host the Higher Learning Commission's Self-study visiting team on campus February 23-25, 2015. In the past, Higher Learning Commission reviewed institutions on a 5, 7 or 10 year cycle. Last complete HLC review – 2005-06
Accreditation is important because it allows students to be eligible for federal and state financial aid, gives assurance that a Hannibal-LaGrange degree is valid, assures donors and potential students that an HLGU education is valuable, and provides flexibility for transfer of credit to or from other institutions.
|Hannibal-LaGrange is a four-year Christian university fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Criteria for accreditation can be found on the Higher Learning Commission website.
- Fall 2012 Committees were assigned
- Spring 2013 Evidence gathering began
- Fall 2013 Students, Employees, Alumni & Constituents surveyed
- Spring 2014 Writing begins
- Oct. 2014 Final document submitted to HLC
- Feb. 23-25, 2015 HLC site visit
- Dr. Don Colborn, Chair
- Dr. David Pelletier, VP for Academic Affairs
- Criteria 1 – Dr. Don Colborn
- Criteria 2 – Mr. Louis Riggs, J.D.
- Criteria 3 – Mrs. Julie Andresen
- Criteria 4 – Mr. Michael Chlebanowski
- Criteria 5 – Dr. Robert Bergen
- Compliance Appendix – Mr. Jake King
- Evidence Task Force – Dr. Karry Richardson
PUBLIC NOTICE OF UPCOMING ACCREDITATION VISIT BY THE HIGHER LEARNING COMMISSION
Hannibal-LaGrange University will undergo a comprehensive evaluation from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools February 23-25, 2015. This reaffirmation of accreditation last occurred in 2005. Hannibal-LaGrange University has been accredited by the HLC since 1958 and currently holds the status of accredited by the HLC.
As part of the evaluation process, Hannibal-LaGrange University welcomes comment regarding its policies and practices.
Any comments may be addressed to:
Third-party Comment on Hannibal-LaGrange University
The Higher Learning Commission:
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411
Comments may also be made online at:
All comments must be made in writing.
Comments will be accepted from now until January 23, 2015.Commenters are not anonymous.
Contact InformationDr. David Pelletier
Vice President of Academic Affairs