|Hannibal-LaGrange is a four-year Christian university fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Founded in 1858 in LaGrange, Missouri, the campus moved downriver to Hannibal in 1928.
| HLGU is affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention (Southern Baptist).
Theologically, our institution affirms the statements found in the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
How We Stand Out
- Unapologetically Christian - Our commitment to Jesus Christ is at the heart of who we are. HLGU is affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention (Southern Baptist). While many of our students are Baptist, most other denominations are represented on campus.
- Diverse Academic Programs - Hannibal-LaGrange offers more than 34 majors on the baccalaureate level. In addition, several preprofessional programs are offered on the associate level. An honors program is available for gifted and highly motivated students.
- Attractive Location - HLGU is located just 100 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri and is situated on 110 acres of scenic hills and woods on the bluffs above the Mississippi River. Campus is just a few minutes from Hannibal’s historic downtown and is within walking distance to a variety of chain restaurants and shopping.
- Just the Right Size - With about 1,150 students, HLGU is sized right for personal attention from faculty and staff. The student/faculty ratio is 14:1. Most classes have under twenty students, providing for more interaction.
- An Affordable Investment - HLGU is one of the most reasonably priced private universities in the Midwest. In addition, 93% of our students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans, grants, and work-study. For more information contact the Office of Financial Aid at 573-629-3279 or email: email@example.com
- Our Students - Students who choose HLGU recognize the added value of a Christian university. They seek a sense of community among fellow students who share similar ideals. Currently, we have students from 25 states and a number of international countries.
- Our Welcome - We welcome your visit. Tour our campus, meet our professors, spend some time with our students. Get to know HLGU --a university marked by character and purpose. For more information, call the Office of Admissions at 800-HLG-1119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The vision of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to become one of the foremost Christian institutions of higher education in Missouri and the surrounding region.
The mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to provide an excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for personal and career effectiveness.
- To exercise a stewardship of learning that embraces all of its constituents, including students, prospective students and their families, faculty, staff, administrators, trustees, alumni, donors, churches, and the local community.
- To provide a strong educational experience, built upon a core of general education courses, offering baccalaureate and associate degrees in liberal arts and professional areas, for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- To maintain high standards of academic and personal excellence in a biblically-based Christian environment, thus encouraging the highest development of the total person --intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- To regard all persons as beings created in God’s image and therefore equal in value and worthy of respect.
- To promote the life of service in keeping with the example of Jesus Christ and with the University motto Scientia ad Serviendum (Knowledge for Service) by challenging students to participate in service-learning and mission projects.
- To serve additional needs of the community through continuing education, community education, cultural enrichment, activities for young learners, and participation in community endeavors.
Contact InformationCarolyn Carpenter
Director of Public Relations