Business Office - Frequently Asked Questions

When I registered, I had a credit balance on my invoice but I haven't received my refund?

At the time of registration, all credit balances are "Pending". Your financial aid award money must actually be received by the college, posted to your account, and your account show a credit balance before any refund can be issued.

How will I know when my financial aid comes in and I have a refund due?

You may monitor your student account by logging into your student portal. Go to "My account." When your financial aid credits show on your ledger that means they have arrived and been posted to your account. Your account must show a credit balance (the amount will be in parenthesis) before a refund can be issued.

I have a third party (employer, Vocational Rehabilitation, WIA, GAMM, etc) paying all or part of my account balance. What do I need to do?

Supply your employer or counselor with a copy of your statement/schedule and obtain from them or have them submit to the Student Accounts Manager an authorization to pay. Once all charges have been posted to the student accounts the Student Accounts Manager will submit the appropriate forms/invoices to the third party payer and await payment.

What forms of payment are accepted and where do I send them?

The student accounts office accepts checks, cash, money orders, cashier’s checks and Visa, Discover and Mastercard debit/credit cards. Payments may be mailed to: Student Accounts, Hannibal-LaGrange University, 2800 Palmyra Road, Hannibal MO 63401. Credit/debit card payments may be made through the student portal. Or you may simply come in to the Business Office during our regular business hours.

Contact Information

Karla McDonald
Student Accounts Manager

Business Hours

Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm