Office Manager - Education Division
Classification: Staff / Full Time
Description: The Office Manager is responsible to the director of teacher education/education division chair. The position is full time and offers benefits as specified in the staff handbook. The education division office manager is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the education division.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-5 years experience in office/people management skills preferred
- Pleasant professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Delegation skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to, sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment on the back of the application, on the yearly contract, and in the employee handbook.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform general office duties
- - Maintain filing system
- - Greet and deal effectively with a wide variety of people
- - Answer telephones and direct inquiries
- - Type correspondence/documents/materials
- - Photocopy materials as requested
- Supervise student workers
- - Assist with recruitment and interviews
- - Assign duties
- - Supervise performance
- Maintain supplies
- - Requisition and order stationery, office supplies, and teaching materials
- - Organize and maintain inventory
- Coordinate with director of field experience and director of student teaching
- - Assist with placements for field experiences/student teaching
- - Correspond with students, cooperating teachers, and University supervisors
- - Maintain records
- - Serve as background check coordinator for field experiences/student teaching
- Serve as MEGA testing contact
- - Navigate Pearson and ETS sites when scores are posted
- - Record student results in database
- Assist teacher education committee
- - Serve as recording secretary at business meetings
- - Preparation of documents for teacher education interviews
- - Correspondence with students regarding interview date and acceptance
- Collect, organize, and maintain education division data
- - Generate and maintain student files for admission to the teacher education program
- - Gather and submit nominations to Pi Lambda Theta in fall and spring
- - Compile and submit data collection for Title II report
- - Assist with data collection for DESE Annual reports and APR (GPAs/MO Content Assessment scores)
- - Compile and enter MoSIS data
- - Prepare, distribute, and compile results of course evaluations and student teaching surveys
- Support division faculty and students
- - Submit syllabi to VPAA
- - Generate office schedules and submit to VPAA and print for doors
- - Compile/post advising schedules
- - Communicate events and opportunities to education majors via email
- - Correspond with the Three Rivers College site director
- - Write letters to prospective students
- Maintain education division facebook page (post 2-3 times per week)
- Perform other duties as assigned
The University's mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribe that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Must agree to, sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment on the back of the application, on the yearly contract, and in the staff handbook.
Appointment: Application and materials will be received until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact Human Resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.
You can contact the office of Human Resources by calling 573-629-3058
Contact InformationOffice of Human Resources