Office Manager - Education Division
Classification: Staff / Full Time
Description: The Office Manager is responsible to the Director of Teacher Education/Education Division Chair. The position is full time and offers benefits as specified in the staff handbook. The Education Division Office Manager is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Education Division.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-5 years experience in office/people management skills preferred
- Pleasant professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to, sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment on the back of the application, on the yearly contract, and in the employee handbook.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- General office duties
- - Maintain filing system.
- - Greet and deal effectively with a wide variety of people.
- - Answer telephones and direct inquiries.
- - Type correspondence/documents/materials
- - Assist with scheduling/calendaring of events.
- - Photocopy materials as requested.
- Supervise student workers
- - Assist with recruitment and interviews
- - Assign duties.
- - Supervise performance.
- Maintain supplies
- - Requisition and order stationery, office supplies, and teaching materials.
- - Organize and maintain inventory.
- Support student placement
- - Assist with materials for field experience placement
- - Assist with correspondence and materials for student teaching placement
- - Maintain records
- MEP/MoGEA Exam
- - Navigate Pearson site when scores come in and print for TEP records
- - Determine if scores are passing or not
- - Enter student scores in CAMS
- - Prepare, distribute, and compile results of course evaluations and student teaching surveys
- Teacher Education Committee
- - Serve as recording secretary at business meetings
- - Preparation of documents for Teacher Education interviews
- - Correspondence with students regarding interview date and acceptance
- Education Division data
- - Gather and submit nominations to Pi Lambda Theta in fall and spring
- - Compile and submit data collection for Title II report
- - Assist with data collection for DESE Annual reports and APR (GPAs/MO Content Assessment scores)
- - Compile and enter MoSIS data
- - Generate and maintain student files for undergraduate program
- Support Division faculty and students
- - Maintain syllabi records
- - Submit syllabi to VPAA
- - Generate office schedules and submit to VPAA and print for doors
- - Compile/post advising schedules
- Write letters to prospective students
- Education Division website
- - Update forms and information as needed
- - Submit final forms to webmaster
- - Check to see if forms have been uploaded
- Coordinate special events and office activities, including Rose Fundraiser
- Inform students of scholarship opportunities within the Education field
- Serve as Background Check Coordinator for Teacher Education Program, Student Teachers, and Field Experiences.
- Student Teachers
- - Collect, compile documents
- - Correspond with student teachers, cooperating teachers, and university supervisors
- SMSTA paperwork for membership, etc.
- - Collect and send in funds and dues
- SLI copies as requested
- Three Rivers Community College
- - Correspond with Donna
- - Calculate and record course surveys
- - Enter scores into database
- Create files for students and maintain
- Maintain Ed. Division Facebook page (post 2-3 times per week)
- Perform other duties as assigned
The University's mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribe that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Must agree to, sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment on the back of the application, on the yearly contract, and in the staff handbook.
Appointment: Application and materials will be received until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
An application may be downloaded here.
Please mail completed application, letter of interest, and resume to:
Office of Human Resources
2800 Palmyra Road
Hannibal, MO 63401
(573) 221-3675, ext. 3093
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.
You can contact the office of Human Resources by calling 573-629-3058
Contact InformationOffice of Human Resources