Practical Nursing Adjunct Instructor
Classification: Faculty / Part Time
Description: The Practical Nursing Adjunct Instructor is responsible to the Coordinator of the Practical Nursing Program. The position is Part-Time and does not offer benefits, as specified in the handbook. The part time, adjunct instructor in the HLGU-PN Program is a professional nurse who is primarily responsible for the teaching of designated theory/lab content and/or clinical instruction and supervision of students in the clinical area.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Registered nurse currently licensed in the State of Missouri with no history of licensure discipline in any jurisdiction.
- Academically and experientially qualified and maintain expertise in areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with a clinical component.
- Approved by MSBN prior to appointment.
- Active in professional organizations of his/her choice.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Instruction of assigned course materials with development of course outlines aligned with designated goals and objectives. Maintain record of theory/lab performance.
- Assigned clinical instruction with evaluation and disciplinary proceedings as indicated and per policy. Privately discuss disciplinary concerns with the student and promptly submit documentation on anecdotal note form to the PN Coordinator. Maintain record of clinical assignments and procedures for each student.
Ideal Candidate: The University's mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribe that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Appointment: Application and materials will be received until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
An application may be downloaded here.
Please mail completed application, letter of interest, and resume to:
Office of Human Resources
2800 Palmyra Road
Hannibal, MO 63401
(573) 221-3675, ext. 3093
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.
You can contact the office of Human Resources by calling 573-629-3058
Contact InformationOffice of Human Resources