Classification: Faculty / Full Time
Description: Assume teaching assignment in the skills lab, classroom, and clinical setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Academically and experientially qualified and maintains expertise in area of responsibility.
- Master's Degree, major in Nursing, preferred or Master's Degree, with a major in a nursing specialty or Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and actively engaged in graduate studies to be completed within 3-5 years from employment date.
- Three to five years of teaching experience desired.
- Two to five years of clinical experience essential.
- Assume responsibility to keep clinical skills current.
- Participate in professional nursing scholarship activities.
- Current undisciplined Missouri RN licensure (and Illinois if necessary)
- Missouri Board of Nursing approval prior to appointment
- Assist Course Coordinator in development of course outlines.
- Coordinate classroom and clinical teaching experiences centered around curriculum objectives.
- Teach all assigned students in the classroom and clinical settings.
- Assume leadership in assigned duties in the skills lab and clinical practice.
- Conduct needed conferences with students.
- Work closely with students, giving personal supervision at all times in the clinical settings.
- Assist Course Coordinator in evaluation of student progress and advisement of students.
- Assist Course Coordinator in paperwork of test construction, administration, grading, and evaluation of tests.
- Serve on various faculty committees and provide input into the process.
- Make needs known to Course Coordinator and/or Assistant Director, and Director keeping communication lines open.
- Share teaching experiences and observations with others on faculty and work closely as a team member.
- Participate in faculty educational programs.
- Further own development by continuing pursuit of a Master's degree if not completed. To be completed within 3-5 years of employment at date.
- Give willingly, as needed of own time on occasion to further student, university, or community relations.
- Responsible for following the policies and procedures in the University and Nursing Faculty Handbooks.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Ideal Candidate: The University's mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribe that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Appointment: Application and materials will be received until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
An application may be downloaded here.
Please mail completed application, letter of interest, resume, and three current reference letters to:
Office of Human Resources
2800 Palmyra Road
Hannibal, MO 63401
(573) 221-3675, ext. 3093
In addition, please email above application materials to Anne Riggs, Director, Division of Nursing & Allied Health, at email@example.com.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.
You can contact the office of Human Resources by calling 573-629-3058
Contact InformationOffice of Human Resources