Men's Residence Director - Fletcher and Quad 303
Classification: Staff / Full-Time
Description: The men's residence director is responsible to the dean of student life and the assoc. dean of student life. The position is full-time, exempt, and offers benefits. The RD is responsible for the overall operation of the housing units they have been assigned and the conduct of its residents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to relate to college students.
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Live in the dormitory for which they are responsible (monthly rent to be withheld from payroll - limit of 3 people living in apartment as space is limited as well as 2 vehicles to include cars, trucks, golf carts, 4-wheelers, etc. as approved by the Dean of Student Life)
- Maintain personal living space reflective of housing policies. (See RD Handbook)
- Maintain 4 hours of office time each day, Monday - Friday. Office hours must be posted.
- Allow for 5 hours of meetings each week with various residence life staff (RAs, assoc. dean of student life, dean of student life, entire staff).
- Rotate weeks on call with other male RDs. During on call week, carry a pager for emergencies as outlined in the RD Handbook. During on call week, RD must stay within 15-20 minutes of campus.
- Maintain on-going contact with all residents, including apartment residents as assigned. Work to resolve roommate issues.
- Oversee check-in and check-out procedures for residents.(Time off or vacation may not be taken during check-in and check-out times). Maintain records concerning key deposits, dormitory dues, and room conditions. Assess dorm damages and fines at the end of each year.
- Maintain emergency contact card in office area accessible by residence life staff.
- Conduct orientation meeting at the beginning of each semester to address housing policies and regulations.
- Turn in maintenance and housekeeping requests as needed and report these requests in a weekly report in staff meeting.
- Read, support, and enforce all HLGU policies as outlined in handbooks.
- Teach Freshman Seminar Classes as necessary.
- Enforce the disciplinary action of those residents who violate University policy while in the housing units. Violations whose discipline may result in probation, suspension, or dismissal of a student must be referred in writing to the Dean of Student Life immediately.
- Maintain records of disciplinary action taken and file a copy with the dean of student development immediately.
- Supervise resident assistants (RAs) assigned to the housing units. Create an RA schedule that includes the various duties of the RAs including nightly duties, on-call duties, visitation duties, posted hours and admissions tours, etc. (RAs must be present at check-in and check-out dates)
- Monitor the work and performance of RAs through an evaluation process.
- Other duties as needed or assigned by the dean of student development as outlined in the RD handbook.
- One weekend per month is allowed for overnight stays away from campus (See RD handbook).
- Summer vacation to be taken between June 1st and August 1st as approved by the dean of student life. (No RD will be approved for vacation during the week of Super Summer)
Ideal Candidate: The University's mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribe that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Appointment: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact Human Resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.
You can contact the office of Human Resources by calling 573-629-3058
Contact InformationOffice of Human Resources