HLGU Phi Beta Lambda Students Excell in Competition
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
by Rebecca Sneed
Hannibal-LaGrange University recently had eight students compete in the Missouri Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) state competition. All eight placed in the top ten in at least one of their events with three students placing in the top three and qualifying to compete at the National Leadership Conference this summer in Anaheim, CA.
Results are as follows:
Automatic Qualifiers for National Leadership Conference Competitions:
- Cayla Patterson - 2nd Place - Accounting Principles
- Merritt Lomax - 2nd Place - Computer Concepts
- Mercedes Lindsay - 3rd Place - Information Management
Other top 10 results:
- Kayla Grier - 4th Place - Computer Applications
- Cayla Patterson - 4th Place - Macroeconomics
- Branden Ramos - 4th Place - Human Resource Management
- Carly Szawiel - 5th Place - Financial Concepts
- Jarek Millburg - 7th Place - Computer Concepts
- Kayla Job - 9th Place - Business Law
Students in the top 10 category may also be offered to compete on the national level in the event that the automatic qualifiers are unable to participate.
PBL, also known as Future Business Leaders, is a national organization for all HLGU enrolled in business, office, or business teacher education programs. Promoting a sense of civic and personal responsibility, this organization provides opportunities for HLGU students to develop competency in business and office occupations and in business teacher education.
For more information on the competitions or PBL, contact Kerri Willing at 573-629-3206 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact InformationCarolyn Carpenter
Director of Public Relations