The vision of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to become one of the foremost Christian institutions of higher education in Missouri and the surrounding region.
The mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to provide an excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for both personal and career effectiveness.
Our Core Values
- Christ Centered
- Learner Focused
- Globally Minded
- Service Oriented
- To exercise a stewardship of learning that embraces all of its constituents, including students, prospective students and their families, faculty, staff, administrators, trustees, alumni, donors, churches, and the local community.
- To provide a strong educational experience, built upon a core of general education courses, offering baccalaureate and associate degrees in liberal arts and professional areas, for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- To maintain high standards of academic and personal excellence in a biblically-based Christian environment, thus encouraging the highest development of the total person –intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- To regard all persons as beings created in God’s image and therefore equal in value and worthy of respect.
- To promote the life of service in keeping with the example of Jesus Christ and with the University motto Scientia ad Serviendum (Knowledge for Service) by challenging students to participate in service-learning and mission projects.
- To serve additional needs of the community through continuing education, community education, cultural enrichment, activities for young learners, and participation in community endeavors.