The vision of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to impact eternity for Christ through higher education.
Hannibal-LaGrange University transforms lives and communities through relevant education anchored in a Biblical worldview.
Our Core Values
- Biblical Worldview
- Educational Relevance
- Community Mindset
- Transformational Leadership
- Generational Impact
- To exercise a stewardship of learning that embraces all of its constituents, including students, prospective students and their families, faculty, staff, administrators, trustees, alumni, donors, churches, and the local community.
- To provide a strong educational experience, built upon a core of general education courses, offering baccalaureate and associate degrees in liberal arts and professional areas, for both traditional and non-traditional students.
- To maintain high standards of academic and personal excellence in a biblically-based Christian environment, thus encouraging the highest development of the total person –intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- To regard all persons as beings created in God’s image and therefore equal in value and worthy of respect.
- To promote the life of service in keeping with the example of Jesus Christ and with the University motto Scientia ad Serviendum (Knowledge for Service) by challenging students to participate in service-learning and mission projects.
- To serve additional needs of the community through continuing education, community education, cultural enrichment, activities for young learners, and participation in community endeavors.