Virtual Career Center
Through CareerBeam, a virtual career center, students and alumni can tap into the hidden market of jobs, community service opportunities, and internships of over 15 million companies and 20 million industries. Students can also use the center to identify on-campus positions.
- Assessments & exercises combining into a Career Profile Report to help students define the best career path.
- Resume and Cover Letter Builders that take the job applicant through the process of creating accomplishment-based materials.
- Reference and Thank You Letter Builders to see the job applicant through to placement.
- Interview preparation materials and videos to effectively present the applicant’s skills and assets.
- Research databases to identify target companies, industries and contacts.
- Modules on popular industries; and, job boards with the most recent postings. Also, provides access to breaking news and job alerts.
- Job posting databases containing several jobs from multiple sources including internships, entry-level, professional and executive jobs.
- Social media integration allowing users to leverage contacts in Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. to network and identify potential positions.
- International search, including employers issuing H1-B visas; government information including KSA’s and interview tips for federal agencies; and, entrepreneurial content to explore suitability and options.
For Student/Alumni Access:
- Click on “Virtual Career Center” in HLGU student portal
- Click on “New User? Register Here”
- Enter user Information (HLGU student or alumni email address only)
- Create secure password
- Check portal email box for activation notice
- Click on CareerBeam activation link
- Type “HLGU” in search window for on-campus student jobs
- Create “Public” resume for employer or campus supervisor viewing
Click here for access or to create user account and post jobs, internships, or community service opportunities.
Hannibal-LaGrange University does not provide direct job placement services. Students and alumni have online access to available on and off campus employment opportunities through the HLGU student portal. Students obtain initial portal login and password through the Public Safety Office. NOTE: The postings on the student portal should not be considered as endorsements by Hannibal-LaGrange University.
This free, easy-to-use tool helps users find a career path based on their degree and direction in the job search after graduation.
Adventures in Education (AIE) is Trellis Company’s public service website developed to help students plan and complete their journey through higher education. Free resources include:
- Scholarship search
- Career planning
- Money management
- Academic tips
Hannibal-LaGrange University and the Academic and Career Services Office offer links to outside websites as a resource and convenience – not as an endorsement. Users are urged to check the accuracy and validity of all posted or received information. Visitors to the site agree not to hold the site administrators or HLGU liable for any real or imagined damages resulting from use of the site or information contained on the site. HLGU is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment. Site users are urged to validate job postings and use caution and common sense when applying. Highly personal and confidential information, such as birthdate, social security, driver license, credit card information, etc., should not be shared with unknown solicitors or contacts.
Student and employer information from Career Service applications may be used to construct aggregate reports that assist the Career Services Center in program planning, for statistical reports, or to inform clients of services and programs that may be of interest. This information may also be used to troubleshoot technical problems. The University reserves the right to discontinue services without notice.