To Schedule an Appointment to Audition for a performing group:
Concert Choir – Dr. Kendra Franks – 573-221-3675 ext. 3270 or email@example.com
Concert Band – Ms. Julie Reese – 573-221-3675
Chamber Choir – Dr. Kendra Franks – 573-221-3675 ext. 3270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I prepare for the Audition?
Auditions for Concert Choir & Chamber Choir:
- vocalization to determine range and tone color
- pitch retention
- reading/following S, A, T, or B
- presentation of an art song (contest piece) is preferred; however, any type of song will be accepted.
*Because we cannot guarantee that an accompanist will be available at your audition time, please have your own accompanist/teacher make a CD recording of the accompaniment to your song.
Auditions for Concert Band
- Performance of a prepared solo or etude, 2 or 3 major scales selected at random, demonstration of your range using the chromatic scale from lowest to highest, sight reading,
- Percussionists: you will be asked to give a demonstration of your rudimental techniques
- If auditioning by video, include a letter of recommendation from either your Band Director or private instructor concerning your sight-reading ability.
Upon auditioning, you will be considered for a $6,000 Music Major Scholarship which is guaranteed each year for 4 years and is in addition to your academic scholarship. This scholarship requires participation in a minimum of 2 ensembles and the student must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better.
Non Music Majors:
For non-music majors, there are performance scholarships of up to $2,000 available for participation in any ensemble.