Download the Application for Admittance to the business department program.
The following procedures are required of all bachelor degree seeking business administration majors entering Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- After being admitted to Hannibal-LaGrange University, business administration students should have an academic adviser within the department of business.
- Submit an application to the chair of the business department during the junior year requesting acceptance as a business administration major. To be eligible to submit an application, you must have:
- Successfully completed at least 12 hours in residence at HLGU before making application;
- Successfully completed at least 60 credit hours which include at least six of the basic major courses–specifically 6 hours of accounting, 6 hours of economics 3 hours of business software applications, and BUS 333 Applied Calculus. (The general business emphasis only does not require Applied Calculus);
- A minimum of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA ) including transfer hours; and
- A minimum of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale cumulative grade point average in all basic major and major courses–including transfer hours. Application deadlines: November 1 and April 1
- After the application form has been submitted, it will be evaluated, and then, upon committee recommendation, the student will be:
- admitted to the business department as a business administration major or
- conditionally admitted with stipulations or
- denied admittance. If admittance is denied, the student may reapply after any deficiencies are resolved.
- The business department requires a grade of “C” or better in all basic major and all major courses.
- Steps 1-3 must be successfully completed before the student will be allowed to enroll in BUS 499 Business Strategy (see catalog description). BUS 499 Business Strategy is a required course for business administration majors.
- Admittance to this program does not equate with/to successful program or degree completion.