Candidates must complete the following requirements in order to apply for student teaching. The deadlines to apply are February 15 (for fall placement) and September 15 (for spring placement).
- Set up a DESE profile.
- Complete an updated background check.
- Prepare a professional resume.
- Join S-MSTA and pay local dues.
- Apply for graduation with the Registrar’s Office to receive a “Statement of Graduation Requirements.”
- Calculate and report Cumulative, Professional, and Content Area GPAs.
- Submit all of the above documentation via the Application for Student Teaching