To Schedule an Appointment to Audition for a performing group:
Concert Choir – Ben Kendall – 573-629-3008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Symphonic Band – John Francis – 573-629-3270 or email@example.com
Praise Song – John Francis – 573-629-3207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber Choir – Ben Kendall – 573-629-3008 or email@example.com
String Players – John Francis – 573-629-3270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapel Worship Band – John Francis – 573-629-3270 or email@example.com
How do I prepare for the Audition?
Auditions for Concert Choir & Chamber Choir:
- vocalization to determine range and tone color
- pitch retention
- reading/following S, A, T, or B
- presentation of an art song (contest piece) is preferred; however, any type of song will be accepted.
*Because we cannot guarantee that an accompanist will be available at your audition time, please have your own accompanist/teacher make a CD recording of the accompaniment to your song.
Auditions for Symphonic Band (including string instruments)
- Performance of a prepared solo or etude, 2 or 3 major scales selected at random, demonstration of your range using the chromatic scale from lowest to highest, sight reading,
- Percussionists: you will be asked to give a demonstration of your rudimental techniques
- If auditioning by video, include a letter of recommendation from either your Band Director or private instructor concerning your sight-reading ability.
Auditions for Praise Song:
Contact Mr. Francis for an application and more information: 573-629-3270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions for Chapel Band:
Contact Mr. Francis for more information: 573-629-3270 or email@example.com
Upon auditioning, you will be considered for a $3,500.00 Music Major Scholarship which is guaranteed each year for 4 years and is in addition to your academic scholarship. This scholarship requires participation in a minimum of 2 ensembles and the student must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better.
Non Music Majors:
Concert Choir and Band: limited number of scholarships: $1000.00 per year
Chamber Choir: limited number (10) of scholarships: $2500.00 per year