Policy Regarding the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)

Types, Locations, and Custodians of Education Records:

To Request an Inspection of Education Records:

Students should submit to the record custodian or an appropriate university staff person a written request which identifies as precisely as possible the record he/she wishes to inspect. The record custodian, or an appropriate university staff person, will make the needed arrangements for access as promptly as possible and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. Access must be given in forty-five days or less from the receipt of the request.

The following is a list of the types of records that the university maintains, their locations, and their custodians.

Types Locations Custodians
Admissions Records & Cumulative Records

Office of the Registrar


Financial Records

Financial Aid Office

Director of Financial Aid

Health Records

Student Life Office

Dean of Student Life

Placement Records

Division of Education Office

Secretary for Education Department

Disciplinary Records

Student Life Office

Dean of Student Life

Student Employment Records

Retention & Career Services Office

Dean of Retention & Career Services

Occasional Records (Student education records not included in the types above, such as minutes of faculty committee meetings, copies of correspondence in offices not listed) The appropriate official will collect such records, direct the student to their location, or otherwise make them available for inspection and review


The university staff person who maintains such occasional systems records



Fees for Copies of Records:

The fee for copies will be 25 cents per page.