- Instructions Parent Loan Request
- Student Loan Request Form
- Private Scholarship Form
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- Special Circumstances Form
Please select one of the Federal Verification Group worksheets below as indicated on your financial aid letter.
Tax Transcript Options
FAFSA Correction Using the IRS Data Retrieval Process
This process is available to the student and/or parent tax filer within 2 weeks after electronically filing your 2016 Federal income tax return (6-8 weeks if the tax return is filed by paper) and paying your IRS tax liability, if applicable. This is the fastest, easiest and most accurate way to include your final 2016 Federal income tax information on the FAFSA application.
- Go to www.fafsa.gov
- Log into your FAFSA record.
- Select “Make FAFSA Corrections”.
- Navigate to the financial information section of the form for the student (all students) and parent (dependent students).
- Follow the instructions to determine if you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer the 2016 IRS income tax information into your 18-19 FAFSA.
IRS Tax Return Transcript Request Process
2016 Federal income tax filers (students and parents) who elect not to use the IRS Data Retrieval Process or do not qualify to use the IRS Data Retrieval Process must submit an IRS Tax Transcript to the financial aid office. To request a transcript free of charge from the IRS, choose one of the methods listed below. Your 2016 Federal income tax return must be accepted by the IRS and you must pay your 2016 IRS tax liability, if applicable, before you can request a transcript.
- Go to www.irs.gov
- In the tools section of the homepage, click on “Get Transcript for My Tax Records”.
- Go to www.irs.gov
- Click on the “Get Transcript by Mail” box and enter the tax filer’s Social Security Number, date of birth, street address, and zip code. (Be sure to use the address currently on file with the IRS). Click continue. In the type of transcript drop-down box choose, “Return Transcript” and in the tax year drop-down box, select “2016”. If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive paper IRS Tax Transcript(s) in the mail within 5-10 days.
** If you are unable to obtain the required 2016 Federal Tax Return Transcript(s) by using the above method, you will need to contact the IRS at 800-829-1040.
Process for Non-Tax Filers
Students and parents who are not required to file a 2016 Federal income tax return must submit copies of their 2016 W-2 forms to confirm income earned from work. If no income was earned, please check the appropriate box on the front of this worksheet.
*Documentation of non-filing is required. You can request that documentation at www.irs.gov. You will need to provide us with a Verification of Non-filing letter.
If you have any further questions, please contact Financial Aid at 573-629-3279