Scholarships for International Students
A quality Christian education at HLGU is an affordable and sound financial decision. The overall costs of attending HLGU are listed below.
|Tuition (12-17 hour block)||$12,600||$25,200|
|Room - Board||$4,430||$8,860|
International Students who enroll at HLGU will be eligible for a scholarship of $8,860 for the 2022-2023 academic year. This scholarship is renewable annually with a CGPA of 2.0. If you have further questions, please contact the International Student Office.
The Founder’s Scholarship program at HLGU recognizes outstanding academic performance, proven leadership, and the pursuit of academic excellence. Entering freshmen who meet the criteria and apply will be eligible to compete for this, the highest academic scholarship at HLGU.
The Founder’s Scholarship competition will be held on February 23, 2024. Students will be selected to attend the competition weekend based on their submitted application and essay. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 573-629-3264 with any questions.
Founder’s Scholarship Application Requirements
- Application for Admission
- Admitted to the University
- One of the following
- ACT of at least 27
- SAT of at least 1250
- CLT of at least 84
- Application for Founder’s Scholarship
- Letter of Recommendation from a School Teacher/Counselor attesting to your academic accomplishments or a Pastor/Youth Pastor attesting to your spiritual commitment and leadership.
- 500 – 1,000 word essay addressing one of the following topics:
- Describe a time where you demonstrated leadership ability, in or out of school. Describe the situation, what was needed, how you stepped up, what you did, and what the outcome was.
- Who you are is closely tied to who you’ve been around. Pick a person from your own life who has had an influence on you. Who is that person, what have they done to influence you, and how is your life different because of that person?
- Identify a problem in our world today you think will have a significant impact on your chosen vocation. Describe some leadership qualities you possess that will help you respond to that problem and have a positive impact on that professional field.
Students must be admitted to the University and submit all required documents by January 31, 2024. The Founder’s Scholarship Application and required documents are submitted online.
Founder’s Scholarship Competition
Qualifying candidates will participate in an interview with a panel of HLGU representatives. Interviews will be held February 23. Founder’s Scholarship Candidates will also be invited to join HLGU faculty and staff for a special dinner on February 23.
* Founder’s Scholarship Candidates should submit the FAFSA to HLGU by February 1, 2023 in order to minimize your out-of-pocket cost for tuition, fees, room, and board. HLGU’s Founder Scholarship is limited to 17 hours per semester for ten semesters or until completion of degree. This scholarship is not applicable to tuition for I-term or summer terms.
*Founder’s Scholarship Recipients are eligible to participate in athletics, fine arts, and/or the honor’s community.
*HLGU scholarships are limited to tuition and fees, so there is limited stackability with the Founder’s Scholarship.
Athletic scholarships are awarded by the athletic department by tryout and are renewable by performance and a 2.0 CGPA at the end of each semester. Amounts vary.
|Men's Sports||Women's Sports|
|Varsity and JV Basketball||Basketball|
|Track & Field||Track & Field|
|Shotgun Sports||Shotgun Sports|
The HLGU Honors Program has been established to provide academically gifted and highly motivated students with a course of study designed to engage them in a deeper, richer, academic experience while studying at HLGU. Honors courses seek to challenge students to think critically, and to stretch them by exploring complex issues related to the classic liberal arts disciplines.
Students who are selected for the Honors Program are eligible for up to $2,000 in an additional Honor’s Scholarship. Please visit the Honors Program page for more details.