Checklist for International Student Admission
- Complete the Online Application Form
- High School Transcript: An official transcript of all High School work completed to date. The student needs to insure that the transcripts include the completion date of the student’s educational program.
- NOTE: If the original transcript is not in English, the student MUST have the original transcript translated.
- Hannibal-LaGrange University reserves the right to request for an official transcript evaluation in addition to the translation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange and fund an evaluation through AERC, if requested by HLGU. If this is required, we are happy to assist you with this process if you have questions.
- University Transcript (if applicable): An official transcript of all University work completed to date.
- NOTE: If the original transcript is not in English, the student MUST have the original transcript translated and evaluated. Hannibal-LaGrange University will NOT pay the cost of translation or evaluation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange and fund an evaluation.
- The translation and evaluation can both be done through AERC The “Detailed Equivalency Report” is required. We are happy to assist you with this process if you have questions.
- Health form and Immunization records: This is a record of the student’s immunizations and any health conditions that require medication and/or Doctor’s supervision. Click to download form
- TOEFL score sheet: If an applicant is not from one of the following English-speaking countries, he or she MUST submit an official TOEFL scoresheet: Ireland, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Commonwealth Caribbean. A minimum score of 40 on the iBT is required for ESL classes, and a minimum score of 70 on the iBT is required for consideration to start regular university classes instead of ESL.These scores should be sent from Educational Testing Services (ETS) to the university. The institution number for Hannibal-LaGrange University is 6266. For more information on the TOEFL
- Examination score sheets: If the international applicant has taken either the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), he or she should submit official score sheets. The ACT and SAT are recommended but not required.
- Reference letters: The international student should submit at least two letters of recommendation from either a school official where the student previously attended or teacher from a previous class. The student may also want to choose a public figure such as a Priest or Pastor. Letters must be written in or translated to English.
- Passport and photo: For security purposes each International Student that applies to HLGU must submit a copy of his/her passport ID page. The passport should be valid and not expired. Please do not submit the application portfolio without this item.
- Financial Statement and Form: The financial statement is typically a letter from the bank stating that the student or sponsor has sufficient funds to cover one year’s remaining balance (after scholarships are added). The financial statement is a requirement both for admission to HLGU, and for later I-20 documentation after admission.
The financial form is documentation required by HLGU for admissions. Click to download form.
- Housing form: The housing form is used for the placement of students in the dormitories. Click to download form.
- Fees: Payment of the $150.00 International Student Application Fee (non-refundable), as well as a $100.00 Dorm Deposit (refundable via check). Click to pay fees online
Submitting Your Application
Mail all original documents (as listed above) to:
Center for International Students
2800 Palmyra Rd
Hannibal, Missouri 63401
You may also e-mail scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite the application review process. Please email documents in PDF or JPEG file formats. Official admission will not be approved until original documents have been received.