The Ag. Business Adjunct Faculty is responsible to the Chair of the Business Department. The position is part-time and does not offer benefits, as specified in the handbook. The successful candidate will have responsibility for teaching across the Business curriculum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the biblical worldview, mission, vision, and core values of HLGU by one’s statements, teaching, and deportment
- Respectful of the history, heritage, and values of HLGU
- Represent HLGU well, both on and off campus
- Prepare and teach courses
- Grade and return exams and homework in a timely fashion
- Stay current in teaching field, textbooks, and instructional resources
- Assist in evaluating, planning, and revising curriculum in response to changing cultural and vocational needs
- Start each class on time and fill the scheduled time with appropriate content and procedures
- Seek Academic Office approval before changing class dates or for any class cancellations
- Report all missed or cancelled class times or office hours to the academic office
- Implement and manage procedures to insure records and student information is properly handled
- Track student attendance on the campus software system
- Submit grades on the campus software system by deadlines set in the Registrar’s Office
- Communicate through the official campus email system which is encrypted to meet federal guidelines for student privacy rights (FERPA)
- Submit textbook orders on the software system
- Follow all HLGU institutional and instructional policies and procedures
- Sign and return all contracts, addendum overload contracts, etc., by the deadline
- Submit syllabi, semester schedules, final grades, professional development plans and reports, performance evaluations, etc., on time
- Track relevant student data for Student Learning Improvement Assessment as required by department plans
- Participate in departmental cycle for Academic Program Review (APR) and all other Accreditation Reaffirmation self-study efforts
- Seek Academic Office approval before engaging guest speakers or planning field trips
- Requisition and gain approval before purchasing equipment or supplies
- Contact academic chair and/or the academic office concerning student issues that may lead to disciplinary action
- Contact the Vice President for Academic Administration concerning academic dishonesty
- Follow all other institutional and instructional policies and procedures as established and as will be, from time to time, developed
- Attend faculty and department meetings, workshops and in-service training
- Represent the department as necessary to outside constituents like prospective students
- This position answers ultimately to the university President, but is accountable to the department and/or division chair, and the Vice President for Academic Administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of word processing, email programs, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to learn to use aspects of HLGU’s current Electronic Records Program (ERP) and Learning Management System (LMS), especially the Faculty Portal.
- No heavy lifting or unusual physicals needs are contemplated for this job.
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to sign, and abide by the standards of employment on the back of the application, and in the employee handbook.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
- A master’s degree in the academic content area or in business with experience in agriculture is required
- Vocational business experience preferred
- Committed evangelical Christian and active church member
- Prior teaching experience in higher education is desired
- Academic qualifications appropriate for responsibilities
- Evidence of mastery of the subject(s) to be taught
- Desire to instill Christian values through teaching and personal example
Founded in 1858, Hannibal-LaGrange University is a four-year Christian university located in Hannibal, Missouri, just 100 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri. The mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to provide an excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for personal and career effectiveness.
To apply, please submit an application, including a cover letter and current CV, here.
In addition to articulating interest and qualifications, cover letters should highlight the candidate’s commitment to Jesus Christ, his/her understanding of teaching as a Christian vocation, and articulate an understanding of the integration of Christianity and his/her discipline.
For any questions regarding the position, contact Human Resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com. Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the University’s mission and purposes.