PURPOSE OF JOB
This person will leadership to the nursing programs of Hannibal-LaGrange University. He/she will be responsible for oversight of curriculum, faculty, and culture for the LPN, ASN, and BSN programs. The primary goal of this position is to equip students for success in the classroom and the medical office from an explicitly evangelical Christian perspective. What makes HLGU uniquely Christian are the people that work here and the programs it offers. As a Southern Baptist school, qualified candidates should
- Possess a vibrant personal Christian faith including a clear testimony of Christian conversion
- Be actively involved in a local evangelical church. (Southern Baptist preferred)
- Be able to empathize with students in their respective walks while pointing them to Jesus.
- Motivate students towards the completion of their degree plans and in their vocational pursuits
- Possess an active Christian prayer life and a readiness to pray with the students, faculty, and staff about various life and academic situations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising all nursing faculty, staff and students
- Overseeing department budgets
- Reporting to administration
- Maintaining high standards of student education
- Recruiting and training new nursing faculty
- Implementing new procedures and training nursing faculty on policies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong Christian Commitment
- Promote the mission and policies of the university
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency
- Assists in curriculum, course development, and course schedules
- Creates strategies to ensure that all clinical policies and procedures are evidence based
- Directs that the structure work and outcomes of the nursing department is in alignment with the mission and strategic plan of the university.
- Develop strategies to support operations to improve curricular quality
- Role model and mentor faculty and students
- Leverage collegial relationships and negotiate resource optimization with the other departments within the university to promote collaboration in education and performance improvement
- Lead curriculum development and delivery techniques to provide education and evidence-based practice.
- Promote and facilitate student success, including for nontraditional and first-generation nursing students, student enrollment and retention, accredited academic programming and community engagement
- Cultivate and lead expanding opportunities and demands for the nursing program
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated commitment to promoting shared governance and transparency
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
- Master’s degree in nursing or nursing education required.
- Missouri Boards of Nursing RN
- PhD in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice degree preferred.
- Evidence of collaborative and strategic decision-making that forms and expands our student-centered mission and support for clinical work.
- An understanding of the increasing complexities of nursing education and higher education more broadly
- Experience with accreditation-related policies, processes and guidelines for nursing, including those from the Board of Nursing
- Developing and implementing innovative programs or initiatives to enhance student access and success, including for adult learners and first-generation college students
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Hiring and supervision of faculty, staff and students and providing opportunities for professional development
- Developing and assessing curriculum
- Evidence of leadership in productive community partnerships
- An enthusiasm for external resource generation from a variety of sources, including private donors, hospitals, and other healthcare community partners, foundations, government agencies and alumni
Founded in 1858, Hannibal-LaGrange University is a four-year Christian university located in Hannibal, Missouri, just 100 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri. The mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to provide an excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for personal and career effectiveness.
To apply, please submit an application, including a cover letter and current CV, here.
In addition to articulating interest and qualifications, cover letters should highlight the candidate’s commitment to Jesus Christ, his/her understanding of teaching as a Christian vocation, and articulate an understanding of the integration of Christianity and his/her discipline.
For any questions regarding the position, contact Human Resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com. Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the University’s mission and purposes.