Number of hours per week for which this position is budgeted: 25
The Public Safety Officer is responsible to the Director of Public Safety. The position is Part-Time and does not offer benefits, as specified in the handbook. The Public Safety officer is responsible for the safety of all persons on campus and upholding university policies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lock and unlock buildings on campus.
- Patrol campus, on foot and vehicles, and responds to calls for service.
- Enforce university policies
- Investigates suspicious activity
- Reports any criminal activity to law enforcement
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times
- Maintains public safety office and vehicle
- Enforce traffic regulations on campus
- Complete written reports
- Supervise student workers
- Review campus surveillance cameras
- Maintains lost and found property
- Attend training when needed.
- Assist RA’s and RD on housing incidents.
- Report maintenance and safety issues to the Director of Public Safety.
- Provide motorist assist on campus.
- Campus Security Authority
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Public Safety.
- Act as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)
- The Public Safety Officer will work with all other departments on campus, as well as off campus public safety agencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal skills
- Requires physical activities that include walking, running, and lifting
- Must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to, sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment on the back of the application, on the yearly contract, and in the staff handbook.
- Must be able to work any shift
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
- Some college education preferred.
- Come experience preferred.
- Preferred experience and/or proficiency in certain things (e.g. computer programs, vehicles, and multiple locks).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Founded in 1858, Hannibal-LaGrange University is a four-year Christian university located in Hannibal, Missouri, just 100 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri. The mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University is to provide an excellent education in both liberal arts and professional disciplines in a distinctively Christian environment that integrates Christian faith and learning in preparing graduates for personal and career effectiveness.
To apply, please submit an application, including a cover letter and current CV, here.
In addition to articulating interest and qualifications, cover letters should highlight the candidate’s commitment to Jesus Christ, his/her understanding of teaching as a Christian vocation, and articulate an understanding of the integration of Christianity and his/her discipline.
For any questions regarding the position, contact Human Resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com. Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the University’s mission and purposes.