Debbie Ziegler has been a full-time faculty member of HLGU since 1988. She currently serves as the chairperson of the division of Natural Science and Mathematics as well as the chairperson of the Mathematics Department. Being able interact with her students “not only about math and future careers, but about their life and decisions they are making,” is what she enjoys most about her job.
Mrs. Ziegler and her husband, David, have three married children and six perfect grandchildren. Outside of the academic world, she is an active member of her church as well as Girls Scouts and the Gideon Auxiliary. During the summer months, the Zieglers are often found camping in the United States or traveling around the world.
- M.S. in Mathematics, Purdue University, 1981
- B.S., Westminster College (PA), 1976
- Mathematics Association of America
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Awards & Achievements
- Governor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Girls Scouts of Eastern Missouri Woman of Distinction