Dr. Jeff Brown’s academic journey in Christian higher education began with his undergraduate work that was completed here at HLGU. These formative years created a passion in him for higher education that is still strong today. After graduating in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts in Bible, he attended The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary from 1995-2000, acquiring his Master of Divinity in Missions, Evangelism, and Church Growth as well as his Ph.D. in Preaching, Ethics, and Evangelism. He began to teach as an adjunct for HLGU in 2002 and joined the University full-time in 2008.
He enjoys his personal time in the Bible, fellowshipping with God. He also loves spending time with his family, preaching and teaching, and going on vacation to Disney World whenever he can get away!
“I would encourage prospective students to consider HLGU as a top pick and visit campus,” says Dr. Brown. “I am one of many alumni who made this life-changing decision to attend and received an education like no other that challenged me, prepared me for graduate work, and equipped me to make a difference in my calling.”
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - Doctor of Philosophy, School of Theology, 2000
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary - Master of Divinity, 1998
- Hannibal-LaGrange University - Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies, 1994
Awards & Achievements
- Outstanding Young Alumnus, HLG (2002)
Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Biblical Studies
- Pastoral Studies
- Five contributed sermons, The Minister’s Manual, 2001, 2002
- Articles: “Reconsidering Pietism” and Covenant Quarterly, May 2002; “Allowing Pietism a Seat at the Table: August 2004; Understanding Scripture as the Essence of German Lutheran Pietism”
- “Integrating faith and learning in the classroom” Hannibal LaGrange University Press, in The Case for Christian Higher Education, 2014 edited by Anthony W. Allen
- Don’t Quit Your Church: What you Must Know Before You Quit Your Current Ministry, Two Testaments, One Testimony: A Wipf and Stock, 2017
- In process - Supplemental Survey of the Bible