Kathy Gunn joined the HLGU faculty in 2004, bringing to the classroom her experience working as an RN in Labor & Delivery, Postpartum Care, Newborn Nursery, and the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit).
“I really enjoy working with the students and providing them with a solid foundation for nursing practice,” said Dr. Gunn. “I enjoy seeing how they ‘blossom’ in their performance and knowledge throughout their time here at HLGU.”
Not only does Dr. Gunn enjoy her interaction with students, but she also has high respect for her fellow faculty in the nursing department “They are a wonderful group of individuals!” she said. “Many are experts in their field and provide a great wealth of knowledge. The atmosphere in the Nursing Division is warm and welcoming.”
Dr. Gunn has previously been on staff at Hannibal Regional Hospital and University Hospital in Columbia, MO.
- DNP, University of Missouri, 2017
- MS(N), Nursing Education, University of Missouri, 2009
- BSN, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1999
- Sigma Theta Tau
- MLN - Missouri League for Nursing
- MONA - Missouri Nurses Association, Continuing Education Provider Unit Committee Member
- NLN - National League of Nursing, NLN Ambassador
- MO-OADN - Missouri Organization for Associate Degree Nursing