Classification: Faculty / Part Time
Description: The practical nursing adjunct instructor is responsible to the coordinator of the practical nursing program. The position is part-time and does not offer benefits, as specified in the handbook. The part-time adjunct instructor in the HLGU-PN Program is a professional nurse who is primarily responsible for the teaching of designated theory/lab content and/or clinical instruction and supervision of students in the clinical area.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Current unencumbered Missouri RN licensure is required.
- Academically and experientially qualified and maintain expertise in areas of responsibility
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with a clinical component
- Approved by MSBN prior to appointment
- Active in professional organizations of his/her choice
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent the biblical worldview, mission, vision, and core values of HLGU by one’s statements, teaching, and deportment
- Respectful of the history, heritage, and values of HLGU
- Represent HLGU well, both on and off campus
- Follow all HLGU institutional and instructional policies and procedures
- Instruction of assigned course materials with development of course outlines aligned with designated goals and objectives. Maintain record of theory/lab performance.
- Assigned clinical instruction with evaluation and disciplinary proceedings as indicated and per policy. Privately discuss disciplinary concerns with the student and promptly submit documentation on anecdotal note form to the PN coordinator. Maintain record of clinical assignments and procedures for each student.
Nursing Faculty Members must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Fine hand/eye coordination, oral communication, and written communication
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing/pulling, and climbing
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, exposure to hazardous chemicals, concentration on detail, and exposure to extreme heat, cold, and temp fluctuations
- Carry/Lift 1-50lbs*
*Hannibal-LaGrange University does not require nor does it expect that an employee lift over 50lbs unassisted. Objects in excess of 50lbs should be lifted or moved with mechanical means or a team lift.
Ideal Candidate: Hannibal-LaGrange University is proud to be affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention and faculty must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist Tradition.
Appointment: Application and materials will be received until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact Human Resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.