The vice president for institutional advancement is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive advancement program in support of the educational mission of Hannibal-LaGrange University. In collaboration with the president, the vice president provides oversight of major gifts and annual giving programs, alumni relations, recruitment, marketing, public relations, and general communication related to the institution. This position reports directly to the president of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
Duties and Responsibilities
The vice president for institutional advancement oversees the planning and execution of capital development programs and in this capacity will:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit major gift prospects.
- Maintain ongoing professional relationships with major gift prospects and benefactors, ensuring that donors and prospective donors are informed about the mission, needs, and investment opportunities at Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Oversee the annual fund campaign.
- Evaluate, facilitate, and execute a capital campaign or minor capital initiative in cooperation with the president and board of directors.
- Oversee all aspects of public relations and marketing.
- Oversee all donor files and data base.
- Work with donors in the area of planned giving.
- Research foundations and insure grant proposals are submitted.
- Work closely with the president in the area of strategic planning.
- Develop and administer an annual budget.
- Oversee all aspects of alumni relations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge in the area of fund raising.
- Knowledge in the area of estate planning.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to supervise and manage a team.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have values consistent with the mission and purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University.
- Must agree to, sign off on, and abide by the standards of employment in the employee handbook.
Education, Experience, and Training
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of proven experience in the area of fund raising or sales.
HLGU’s mission statement and its affiliation with the Missouri Baptist Convention prescribes that employees must be professing Christians, actively involved in the church of their choice, and have values consistent with Baptist tradition.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
For any questions regarding the position, contact human resources at 573-629-3058, or via email at email@example.com.
Hannibal-LaGrange University seeks to employ qualified individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability, who can function effectively within the college’s mission and purposes.